hey guys,

i succesfully installed nitroid with this instructions:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1POI8yiuWCo
it worked

but now
when i start my n900 and press 3 to boot nitroid
i see 5 sec of the usual letters (on a youtube video i saw he had much more when he boots)
then i just see a blackscreen and a white pinnacle on the top left

how can i fix that?

thanks in advance

Posts: 428 | Thanked: 226 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Philippines
Hi Friend,

Not sure if that was my YouTube video (will check again later)...but if it was, those are the "old" (or still current, but "manual") steps. Before, the NITDroid Autoinstaller was not yet fully polished so it had to be installed manually.

At this point, however, the NITDroid Autoinstaller works properly. So just proceed to the "Grand NITDroid" Thread (Page 1)...there's an attachment there. That's the NITDroid Autoinstaller. So now there is a "one-touch" method of installing this and makes the process easier.

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=887394&postcount=1

EDIT: The "old" steps still work since it's the manual method of what the Autoinstaller does, but I would suggest for starters, to make use of the Autoinstaller as much as possible.

The Following User Says Thank You to topet2k12001 For This Useful Post:
thank you
but how can i delete it now from my n900?
because i don t think the uninstall instrucitions on your link will work for my way i installed it

Posts: 428 | Thanked: 226 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Philippines
Originally Posted by ichunddu9 View Post
thank you
because i don t think the uninstall instrucitions on your link will work for my way i installed it
Hi Friend,

There are two ways to do it:

1. Re-flash the N900 and start again (please make sure to back-up/save your important files somewhere)...I know it's a pain, but I recommend this if you want to learn/master some stuff, or...
2. Since you installed it manually (i.e. "old" steps), there is also a manual/"old" method of uninstalling, which is written at the Wiki Page: http://wiki.maemo.org/Nitdroid_easy_...MMC#Method_2_2

The Following User Says Thank You to topet2k12001 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,918 | Thanked: 3,118 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ My pants
thank you
Y U NO BE OPTIMISTIC?

You seem like 100% sure uninstallation won't work. There is a working uninstaller, just install the .deb from the main thread and you'll get an installer + the uninstaller.

Stop posting such threads please.

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere

Originally Posted by ammyt View Post
Y U NO BE OPTIMISTIC?

You seem like 100% sure uninstallation won't work. There is a working uninstaller, just install the .deb from the main thread and you'll get an installer + the uninstaller.

Stop posting such threads please.
guy it won t work, because i don t have installed it with the deb
i made it different
stop posting such **** please

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
Which method? Who is the author? Then why you are complaining here? We are all try to help you, do it at your own risk and make sure you can reflash your phone if something bad happened, just saying, be a good member of this great community, nobody force you to install Nitdroid on your machine, ok, enjoy your time here

i now installed it with the link you gave me
but i m having THE SAME THING WHICH I SAID AT THE BEGINNING OF THE THREAD
so please, help me look at the thing i wrote @ the beginning

Posts: 1,918 | Thanked: 3,118 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ My pants
guy it won t work, because i don t have installed it with the deb
i made it different
stop posting such **** please
Okay, so:
1. You're being offensive, now rude content is found just in your first few posts, for absolutely no reason,
2. Let's see...following a 2 years old video for installing an old NITDroid 2.2 release, or installing the latest release using the latest auto-installer? You went with the latter option.
3. We might be interested on the way you "made" it different,
4. My name is not "guy", and nobody will look forward to helping you now that you think people's helping posts are ****.

Such a beautiful way to start your life here on TMO eh?

The Following User Says Thank You to ammyt For This Useful Post: