Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
I think you look like same kind, if not an even bigger &@%¥# since you even care if I thank myself or not. And please, stay on topic!

you could swipe down to close applications in windows 8 simulard to n9.
Lol, nicely trolled.
I would Thank You, but you've got enough Thanks as it is

I'm flattered

The Following User Says Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post:
How to skip Windows 8 and continue using Windows 7
¦-)

Originally Posted by misterc View Post
How to skip Windows 8 and continue using Windows 7
¦-)
What that article misses is that while your applications you already have will happily keep on working on Windows 7, who is to say updated versions of that same application are going to.

Recently some friends and myself were discussing Photoshop vs The Gimp, and it became clear that Photoshop CS6 now requires OpenGL to run, even thought at it's heart, it's still a 2D program. This limits the type of hardware it'll run on, for example my little Fujitsu tablet (it's not touch screen, but works well with the stylus) won't ever be able to run the newer versions of Photoshop.

Fortunately, I use the Gimp. But still, rather a horrible way to screw over valued customers.

Windows 8 goes to a whole different level of crap. You think those people that bought Lumia phones are going to be happy that all the Windows Phone programs are going to be released for 8 and won't work on 7?

Frankly, the only reason I went with something newer than XP was because of Age of Conan, I wanted to see the DirectX 10 stuff. Which means I was forced to upgrade to Vista (which sucked bad, fortunately 7 came out shortly after I had tried out that monstrosity.)

At least on the bright side, for me the biggest reason I even use Windows at all has been games, and hopefully Valve will be able to get some pull with the developers and get everything ported over to Linux!

slaapliedje
I have figured out the reason 'smartphones' were invented. They are for reading the internet while pooping. This means the best smartphone ever created is the N9. It is the only one that works so well single-handed.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Microsoft is a very funny company. Media and lot of company dont like w8 and now there is rumor about windows 9 already 2013 hahahga now havent we seen this before!?

why in eArth do people never learn microsoft strategy?!?

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
maybe others smoked by windows phone, but nokia is destroyed by this sh*t,

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ibrakalifa For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Nokia destroyed itself. Nothing to do with WP.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 194 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Sydney, Australia
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
now there is rumor about windows 9 already 2013
Probably because Microsoft are looking to emulate the upgrade cycles of current mobile operating systems and OSX. It's a good idea.

Originally Posted by slaapliedje View Post
[...] those people that bought Lumia phones are going to be happy that all the Windows Phone programs are going to be released for 8 and won't work on 7?[...]
most ppl who bought Lumiacrap did so out of curiosity; that's why after the non-upgradability was announced, prices tumbled (if not given freely away ) and ""sales"" surged.
nothing to do with "commercial success"

EDIT: commercial success is when ppl are sleeping in front of the shops the last night(s) before the initial release & buy the stuff no matter the price; none of that ever happened for a m@ke$$h!t paralysed device
when ppl get the part after it was announced it won't be upgradable...

Last edited by misterc; 2012-08-18 at 11:00.

Posts: 496 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by misterc View Post
... none of that ever happened for a m@ke$$h!t paralysed device
You clearly don't remember the Windows 95 launch

Originally Posted by strongm View Post
You clearly don't remember the Windows 95 launch
I can say I was never a part of that (I was an Atari and Amiga user, and disliked Microsoft mainly due to how much they were still playing catch up. If it weren't for the fact that Atari and Commodore sat on their awesome operating systems for so long, it'd be a completely different landscape right now. Windows 95 came out 10 years after the original Amiga and only then started to have most of the features. Dumbasses at Commodore... but I digress...)

The thing with the Windows 95 launch was that it was Microsoft's real attempt at not sucking. They haven't really done anything major as far as innovating in their operating system since, except for Windows 8. And this time around they have failed miserably.

At least they had the money to do this, as we can already see by my earlier bit in this post, if you sit on what you have for 10+ years, you're going to go no where. If there had still been some serious competition out there, MS wouldn't have survived for so long by just "ooh, now it's shiny." that they have been doing.

slaapliedje

Edit; Oh, not just money, but MASSIVE install base. All that old software that people can't do without that is Windows only.
I have figured out the reason 'smartphones' were invented. They are for reading the internet while pooping. This means the best smartphone ever created is the N9. It is the only one that works so well single-handed.

The Following User Says Thank You to slaapliedje For This Useful Post:

Tags
lumiatard