I did that over a year ago, can't remember how I did that. I don't even use the phone no more.
Think I did USB mode.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by somedude View Post
I did that over a year ago, can't remember how I did that. I don't even use the phone no more.
Think I did USB mode.
You mean instead of using the hotspot app, you tethered your N9 to your laptop via USB, & got a 3G connection to the net via USB?

Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
You mean instead of using the hotspot app, you tethered your N9 to your laptop via USB, & got a 3G connection to the net via USB?
Yep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool, IIRC that's only possible via Nokia Suite, right?
Not a option on my rMBP unless I install Windows in Bootcamp or a VM, which I'm about to do soon anyway.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Cool, IIRC that's only possible via Nokia Suite, right?
Not a option on my rMBP unless I install Windows in Bootcamp or a VM, which I'm about to do soon anyway.
With the NAT kernel by jackburton you can do it without Nokia Suite... See this post for instructions...

Edit: Actually the above is not really needed. I remember when I needed to tether via USB on my Linux box i just used to connect as SDK mode and then use the mobile broadband option. Given that Mac is a UNIX-based system, I am pretty sure the same thing works without having to use that NAT kernel...

Last edited by thedead1440; 2013-09-12 at 17:07. Reason: s/use/used/

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Thanks, I did see that, but I don't really feel like going into open-mode, not yet at least.
I would rather try some other things 1st, open-mode can come later...

Thanks, I did see that, but I don't really feel like going into open-mode, not yet at least.
I would rather try some other things 1st, open-mode can come later...
I avoided open mode at first, too. What futile effort and waste of time (other than the learning experiences poking at kernel module code) .

You'd be well served to flash an open mode kernel.

My memory's foggy, well overdue for bed...
Stuff like coderus's hack-installer + trusted repo is no longer needed in OM right, it becomes redundant yeah?
What about Powerpack & Coderus's Unrestricted UI, they too should have no issues in OM right?

Last edited by jalyst; 2013-09-12 at 17:25.

Not sure. He's been active on my open kernel topic with regards to using the NAT modules so I assume he is using open. You may want to double check or just try it. Backup and flashing should not be hard.

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
@jalyst repository is not a method for hack, it nice apt storage. but if you happe to download debs manually and install them in debinstall you can not to use it
about applications: none of them depends of kernel version and can work in any.

The Following User Says Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post: