Active Topics

Posts: 269 | Thanked: 1,096 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hampshire, UK
I made it 135.0 x 67.0 for the 'glass' itself, but I don't have a decent vernier here. Measured from the image I posted earlier I got 135.0 x 67.5.

Decent measurement tools and decent computer are both at home.

EDIT : Checked with a proper vernier and measuring the supplied plastic shield (because it's easier to define where the edge actually is) I get 135.3mm x 67.3mm. Shame I don't have access to a travelling microscope at work any more

Last edited by epninety; 2016-07-21 at 20:37.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to epninety For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
During measurement i also had the feeling that 135.5 x 67.5 is to much of a risc and possibly hard to apply.
So we should report 135 x 67 with 1mm corner radius to bedifol tomorrow to play safe and have some space to adjust?

I guess they can even work out a good result with the scan and exact outer dimension of the phone. But we will see.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
Originally Posted by Fellfrosch View Post
Well the fairphone isn't that highend. Only the price is. But that has to be, otherwise they can't produce it fair. And to be honest I absolutly like the idea and I'm willing to pay more for this idea. Maybe you can gather a used one from ebay or somewhere else.
It's not about price, but rather about specs. I find no reason to get such a powerful processor when I'm mostly fine with the current performance on the Jolla, and would rather prefer to have a measly processor that sips battery life even when in use (since I usually disable suspend-on-screen-off and "run stuff" on the phone).

Obviously, if they managed to put a largeish processor and still keep decent battery life, then I have nothing to say...

The Jolla C seemed interesting because of the weaker processor in raw numbers, but it doesn't seem the battery life improves much...

Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
OnePlus X looks okay and has a nice port. Plus Kimmoli probably needs a helping hand with it
However,
A) I would still need a primary phone,
B) I am still unsure of the business model behind ports.

And by the way, I got the Jolla C and yeah, it has neither a compass nor a gyroscope. Can't find a difference in performance compared to Sbj, and the kernel is pretty old too -- 3.10. Quite unimpressed so far.
Not worth losing the hwkb at all, at least for me.
Will try to use it for a day to evaluate sunlight screen readability and battery life.

I can also confirm it works with 256gb microSD cards, so the 32gb limitation in the tech specs is just the exfat crap.

Last edited by javispedro; 2016-07-22 at 00:21.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
I received the Jolla C Indian variant, AquaFish, today as well.

Looks decent and I am new to Sailfisf OS. Will comment once I use it for a while.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to lal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 362 | Thanked: 1,373 times | Joined on Nov 2015 @ Sweden
I f***ed up my J1 this morning, and I was so happy to have my Jolla C, that I think I'm going to do it again.

Last edited by eson; 2016-07-22 at 04:59.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to eson For This Useful Post:
I'm finding the reception not as good as J1 - I am only getting 2 bars of 3G instead of 4 bars of 4G.... I have prefer 4G set

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Martinhsl68hw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 114 | Thanked: 409 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Germany
Do you have LTE @ 800MHz in your region?
If yes, see here: https://together.jolla.com/question/...-with-jolla-c/

They are currently working on a solution...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ejjoman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
Originally Posted by javispedro View Post
It's not about price, but rather about specs. I find no reason to get such a powerful processor when I'm mostly fine with the current performance on the Jolla, and would rather prefer to have a measly processor that sips battery life even when in use (since I usually disable suspend-on-screen-off and "run stuff" on the phone).

Obviously, if they managed to put a largeish processor and still keep decent battery life, then I have nothing to say...

The Jolla C seemed interesting because of the weaker processor in raw numbers, but it doesn't seem the battery life improves much...

However,
A) I would still need a primary phone,
B) I am still unsure of the business model behind ports.

And by the way, I got the Jolla C and yeah, it has neither a compass nor a gyroscope. Can't find a difference in performance compared to Sbj, and the kernel is pretty old too -- 3.10. Quite unimpressed so far.
Not worth losing the hwkb at all, at least for me.
Will try to use it for a day to evaluate sunlight screen readability and battery life.

I can also confirm it works with 256gb microSD cards, so the 32gb limitation in the tech specs is just the exfat crap.
Jolla C battery life so far has been excellent compared to the Jolla phone.
Performance wise, it's been a great improvement too. It is much snappier.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to anidel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by lal View Post
I received the Jolla C Indian variant, AquaFish, today as well.

Looks decent and I am new to Sailfisf OS. Will comment once I use it for a while.
Does it have the partner screen on the home carousel? Or is it just Task Switcher and Events screen.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to r0kk3rz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 212 | Thanked: 184 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by r0kk3rz View Post
Does it have the partner screen on the home carousel? Or is it just Task Switcher and Events screen.
I think Aqua Fish got it. Jolla C not.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eminem For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla c, sailfish os