Active Topics

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
No, but the assumption that Sailfish or any other OS is such an OS is.

Your statement was vague enough to be interpreted that way. ruff was not the only one who read it that way. I did too. Thanks to your clarification I now see that we were both wrong.
Wouldn't say wrong. I can appreciate the notion that I was entirely too vague initially. But glad that I was able to clarify.

Back to the subject at hand. I hope that things move forward in a positive way for this project.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by feedme View Post
Next step: slowly heating up the water and see if Kermit hops out of the pot before.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11 | Thanked: 89 times | Joined on Dec 2015 @ Hungary
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
Briefly talked today, Michael/Youyota still tend to continue making it. As @olf mentions, it will be a waste for all if goes to the refund path... (Especially those LG 7.85 inch 2K screen wasn't seen on other products elsewhere that is still in production...)

The question is now down to timeline and cost... Hopefully will get it clear this week.
I doubt that you can share the manufacturing costs expectations, but would not be feasible to find an another contract manufacturer even in Europe or another part of the word where the most of the backers came from to reduce the VAT costs?

I know several contract manufacturers in my country who do both SMT and assembly where the 2K volume is considered high volume.

I hope things will go well, but the PCB price increasing sounds a bit fishy for me.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to martonmiklos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary
How unsurprising.
I'm not amused.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Venemo For This Useful Post:
Would have been better to find an existing tablet, like the Linx 10.1 and work on that to port Sailfish, rather than try to find someone to build one from scratch, surely.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stickymick For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by stickymick View Post
Would have been better to find an existing tablet, like the Linx 10.1 and work on that to port Sailfish, rather than try to find someone to build one from scratch, surely.
Given how narrow the driver support has been, I doubt this. The limits of where this mobileOS has been deployed seems to be rather telling of what is supported.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 654 | Thanked: 2,368 times | Joined on Jul 2014 @ UK
Originally Posted by stickymick View Post
Ah, Captain Hindsight! So kind of you to drop in...

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Feathers McGraw For This Useful Post:
I wish captain hindsight would bring his time machine , get it up to 88mph then we can go back and block indiegogo, and ban crowdfunding

I’m off to find a Chinese man called Michael , wish me luck .

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to tommo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Damn it. Couldnt post My wrong way kermit GIF. I guess Im stuck in this thread

Ok. I have to join the ride. Ups and downs.

Currently we seems to be down...

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2018-01-07 at 18:55.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 17 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Ireland
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
Briefly talked today, Michael/Youyota still tend to continue making it. As @olf mentions, it will be a waste for all if goes to the refund path... (Especially those LG 7.85 inch 2K screen wasn't seen on other products elsewhere that is still in production...)

The question is now down to timeline and cost... Hopefully will get it clear this week.
Can you get a view on potential decrease on production cost if the slot is moved to a time of less demand on the factory?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to coley For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla tablet, sailfish os