Closed Thread
Posts: 21 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Ireland
hi, thanks for all the good work.
I noticed when i click on a desktop link to a web page two windows open, one the shortcut and the other is the bookmark page.
system feels much faster

The Following User Says Thank You to mark_ireland For This Useful Post:
Posts: 26 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Milano
Originally Posted by saud khan View Post
hi,
i cant manage to install this as when i try to it says " To update your device to this version of the operating system you must use nokia pc suite on your pc". and when i do connect to pc suite, it still gives me the same error msg. i looked on pc suite if any updates are available and still there arnt any.

what am i doing wrong?

thanks
I solved the problem by reflashing PR 1.3 by nokia ovi suite, then I've downloaded the community update...

But today the problem was re-presented...

After I installed the community update (in clean phone) I've installed the enhanced kernel and the maemodder,

I've received an update notification by the community ssu and I wasn't able to install the update cause it ever says the error message " To update your device to this version of the operating system you must use nokia pc suite on your pc".

There is a way to solve this whitout flashing other times ?

Thank you for your work.

Sorry for my bad english..

Posts: 395 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ India
Finally installed the update.I like the portrait status menu .I've not faced any problems during update.I had power kernel installed before updating.Power kernel works with this update.

Web Advices
Tablet Phone X
Blogging Tips
Know IP Address

Posts: 519 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Malaysia
after thinking reallllllly carefully, i decided to try to install this.

EVERYTHING seems normal.. so far the issues that were brought up were the shorcuts?, media player? or other issues?

here's what i did (especially for non developers like me):
1. followed the install instructions EXACTLY.
2. reinstalled patches like the desaturate hildon-desktop as how i did before.
3. tried to OC and use it in default stock clock and at default, everything seems extra smooth compared to before. after OC, well... wow.
4. configured transitioncontrol, swappolube, no probs...
5. used tele functions and sms, emails, microb (which seems damn smooth even with a weak signal from my connectified lappie. i'm like downstairs, the doors to the room where the laptop is is closed.. i've never been able to get that sort of reception from that far using the laptop).
6. tried mediaplayer, kmplayer for music, videos, everything went on like before. *note: scrolling is better. really...
7. HAM and FAM works fine, i updated catalogs, searched for upgrades, checked install (but didn't install anything, just see if it could fetch packages and it could) and no problem at all.

however, didn't notice any portrait-enabled automatically apps. still have to manually toggle the portrait ctrl+shift+r and media player still looks distorted(thought it wouldn't?).. there isn't any change in the file manager. was it supposed to automatically go portrait? status menu in my n900 has always been enabled portrait thanks to MohammadAG's patch that i've installed before.

i'll provide more feedback as i use it more..

Last edited by Dark_Angel85; 2011-01-30 at 10:03.

Posts: 353 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ India
Installed the updated...
with power kernel 46..
everything is good!

thanks!

Posts: 26 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Milano
Ok, i think I solved my by upgrading by XTerminal whit this command : apt-get -f upgrade,,,

The software updater doesn't notice nothing now.

The Following User Says Thank You to Alastor89 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
this work thru HAM only?

as I hate HAM, its like it was made in the stone age

Last edited by F2thaK; 2011-01-30 at 10:22.

Posts: 311 | Thanked: 376 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Hungary
Try installing/removing something with FAM, updating repros worked for me as well, but nothing else did.
Could we please get the package names that were used here so we can know if it is safe to play with autoremove?

Posts: 519 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Malaysia
installed. thumbs up from me.

my feedback in another forum... maybe should merge the forums

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...6&postcount=87

Edit: seems like FAM won't be able to install/uninstall anything and says there are unmet dependencies in the packages...

Last edited by Dark_Angel85; 2011-01-30 at 10:28.

Posts: 463 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Mumbai, India
When i click the details on Maemo 5 Community SSU it shows me problems with application packages missing listed as hildon-desktop (>= 1:2.2.142-4) & in summary it tells me that I require Nokia PC suite to continue installation

How do i solve these two problems as i would love to test this..??

Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade