Notices

This is simple answer screen inspired by easy answer. I created it to avoid accident rejecting calls and sloow rotation The main feature is that it always remain in portrait mode and never try to rotate even if phone is in landscape mode.
Be aware that this package will modify your syspart.conf file which can lead to unpredictable problems.

Warning:
Application was tested by me only on cssu testing/thumb. Stock firmware or cssu stable can cause rotation problems - not confirmed due to lack of interest.
Read post 29 and then think twice before you will decide to install this application.

Thumb version at openrepos.net

Changing the settings like background wallpaper/color or enabling contact picture is possible by editing ~/.config/qslideanswer/qslideanswer.ini

Known bugs:
- multicall support
Attached Images

Last edited by elros34; 2016-02-25 at 11:42.

The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to elros34 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by elros34 View Post
I created it to avoid accident rejecting calls and sloow rotation The main feature is that it always remain in portrait mode and never try to rotate even if phone is in landcspe mode.
You can set the call-ui to Portrait only BTW.

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...02#post1425602

Just replace Landscape with Portrait from the above instructions, this is actually how I have my Phone application setup.

Your application is nice looking.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following User Says Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
I know about this option but the problem is: lock "call-ui" to portrait -> have phone in landcape mode -> somebody calling - what will happen? slow rotation which is pain for me when I want to quickly accept or reject call.

Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
Looks good how can the looks be changed as its droid like and will new features be added.

The Following User Says Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
Brilliant, this is a big problem now very easily solved.
Can you do a classic Maemo skin?
Get this on the repos ASAP!
(edit) waiting for install, does this answer and hangup via the proximity detector?(answer)Didn't work when I tried.

Last edited by biketool; 2014-05-30 at 06:39.

Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
Quick update, this is great in that it pops much faster than the phone GUI can even begin to figure out what is happening, there is not even a phone UI window available for about 5-10 sec after I successfully answer the call with qtslideanswer.
The qtslideanswer interface pops up in under a second and making answer or reject available for use even with the phone locked, microb loading a heavy website, calendar, sygic mobile maps, and the upgrade manager running to bog the system down.
BTW I had to install with dpkg as the install manager GUI saw missing deps.
Brilliant, three things:
Shows "Unknown Caller" even when the regular phone UI shows the callers name/pic from my phonebook and plays the correct personalized ringtone.
Where are the settings?
Can we get a more Maemo theme skin?

Last edited by biketool; 2014-05-30 at 06:41.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
How will it look if just the name and number is displayed on a awsome background . To take the call one can drag the screen one way to reject another way etc basicaly a buttonless ui option would do great

Posts: 69 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Jan 2013 @ kerala
Wow...N900 still having support even after 5 years.Thanks mate.

Originally Posted by biketool View Post
Can you do a classic Maemo skin?
Get this on the repos ASAP!
(edit) waiting for install, does this answer and hangup via the proximity detector?(answer)Didn't work when I tried.
1. What do you mean? - QPushButton with text "answer" ?
2. I'm lazy .. you can find it here: http://elros3i4.freeiz.com/repo/
3. Hangup works as it's maemo feature. Only interface it's inspired by easy answer. Additonal accelerometer polling for overload system? I'm not convinced

Originally Posted by biketool View Post
Brilliant, three things:
Shows "Unknown Caller" even when the regular phone UI shows the callers name/pic from my phonebook and plays the correct personalized ringtone.
Where are the settings?
Can we get a more Maemo theme skin?
"Unknown Caller" or "Unknown" ? - For every number?
There is no any settings as it's very simple app and there is nothing customize (position of text?) but you can change background and button images in /opt/qslideanswer/images/

Originally Posted by nokiabot View Post
How will it look if just the name and number is displayed on a awsome background . To take the call one can drag the screen one way to reject another way etc basicaly a buttonless ui option would do great
You mean sailfish like answer screen? I thought about it but maemo it's little laggish in call moment .. I'm not sure if you have some mockup how this should look - share.

The Following User Says Thank You to elros34 For This Useful Post:

Tags
extras-devel, qslideanswer