Originally Posted by timwatt View Post
I would like to be able to hold the lock slider (next to the earphones) for 2 seconds and have it either turn off all radios (flight mode) or switch between silent and normal profiles. any way to do that?
there are some configs in /etc/mce/mce.ini
but i think there is nothing for the lock slider...

edit: ok.. checked it... no lock slider..

- M4dMike

N900
Server: SSH, FTP
Added: Reboot Button, Keystrockes

Last edited by m4dmike; 2010-01-28 at 22:48.

The Following User Says Thank You to m4dmike For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by timwatt View Post
I would like to be able to hold the lock slider (next to the earphones) for 2 seconds and have it either turn off all radios (flight mode) or switch between silent and normal profiles. any way to do that?
Install the package longpress from my repository (see signature). Holding the lock slider for two seconds toggles offline mode. If you want to toggle silent mode instead, edit the file /usr/bin/longpress.sh and replace true with false.

"N900 community support for the MeeGo-Harmattan" Is the new "Mer is Fremantle for N810".

No more Nokia devices for me.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Matan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 352 | Thanked: 231 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Vancouver
Originally Posted by Matan View Post
Install the package longpress from my repository (see signature). Holding the lock slider for two seconds toggles offline mode. If you want to toggle silent mode instead, edit the file /usr/bin/longpress.sh and replace true with false.
WOW thanks, I installed "longpress" and one of my dreams for my n900 has come true. is there any motivation to have this integrated into the OS with a GUI under the settings?

Posts: 61 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ San Diego
Since the posts are all about buttons is there a way to disable zooming in web browser when you push the volume buttons?

Posts: 283 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ US Air Force
Originally Posted by f2thak View Post
attached zip contains power button MOD

extract files to /etc/systemui/
  • end task will always be at bottom
  • pretty sure other buttons wont move
  • removed phone button (if you want to keep this only copy systemui.xml to folder)
  • if you copy both file to folder you will need to install the app 'cellular modem control buttons'

pls wait for photo.

is there a sure fire way to be walked through doing this, i've been debaiting on doing this for the longest. Since i read about the boot button mod in another thread, I actually would like to have just that but wouldnt mind your mod at all, since i dnt use the "phone option" with the power button, and turning off the celluar is probably useful.

Originally Posted by hcancelik View Post
Since the posts are all about buttons is there a way to disable zooming in web browser when you push the volume buttons?
Yes, in the settings of your webrowser You can also enable portait mode there

am recently having issues with the power menu.. each time i press the button, the music player lags for a few seconds and then resumes.. very annoying when u lock/unlock with power button..

any ideas what could be causing the issue. its not there during a fresh flash of the phone with PR1.2.. Issue is only after installing some apps and using the phone..