# This Patch Was created by "SavageD"
# On the 14/01/2011

Warning!
Use this patch at Your Own Risk!

First I would like to thank hawaii for presenting the maemo community with his miracle virtual memory tweaks. I owe it to both him an debernardis for being able to make this script what it is.

What does it do exactly?

It attempts to enchances mp3 quality and speed up the N900.

You should gain less mp3 lag (listen mp3 player and browse net with little to no lag); More better overall performance, and slightly more battery life...Music should also sound better through headsets.

What does each Script do?

AudioBoost.sh: Attempts to enchance overall mp3 quality (mostly through the headset). No restart needed...

SpeedBoost.sh: Makes the N900 perform much faster. Sound quality won't be as good as the AudioBoost.sh, but it still sounds better than the default N900 audio set up if combined with AudioBoost.sh.....it also reduces cpu consumption when listening to audio.

RestoreDefaults.sh: Removes BoostN900 (Returns everything back to normal).
Use this script and then restart should you ever come across errors or simply want to remove any of the BoostN900 Scripts.

Instructions:
1) Extract the folder unto the n900. Go to FileBox and make sure you have the Enable Root Option Selected.

2) Navigate to the BoostN900 folder using filebox.

3) Choose the "Open terminal here" option.

4) To use AudioBoost.sh type in this command in xterm: sh AudioBoost.sh

5) To use SpeedBoost.sh type in this command in xterm: sh SpeedBoost.sh

6) To Remove BoostN900 type in: sh Remove_BoostN900.sh

Risks: You No longer risk blowing the n900 speakers. Do not apply this script while any media players are open.

SCRIPT REMOVED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICED

Last edited by SavageD; 2011-03-06 at 23:43.

The Following 91 Users Say Thank You to SavageD For This Useful Post:
009N, 4n77r4xX, ahmadamaj, AlMehdi, altarMeego, apollovy, Bad_Habit, bakuur, bandora, berlinermaxe, bobbydoedoe, brad112358, cheve, Chrome, clovis86, confusedfella, crazy_agent, cutehunk04, D4rKlar, damagedspline, devdsp, dja13k, epitaph, etuoyo, evan, F2thaK, fasza2, frostbyte, fuyoh, fw190, gabby131, gsirit, Gusse, HellDragon, hycraig, ifraaz, J4ZZ, jakiman, joerg_rw, JorgeFX, jpala16, jrinconr, jstokes, karoltom, kevloral, kmare, legendsohai, lolloo, maemo.it, Maj3stic, mdb666, mikec, Minhaz, moepda, mosiomm, mrsellout, mveplus, Netweaver, Nikem, nkirk, osama, P@t, pantera1989, pharaoh92, PUNK, rabarkar, Radicalz38, Russe89, ryo1st, sachin007, ShaolinMilk, Shinigamijim, Silvarum, slender, sollos, Sourav.dubey, SR90, SSLMM, StocChr, strange1712, theonelaw, Trestry, tusharmax, Venemo, vkv.raju, VulcanRidr, Wikiwide, xopher
Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
Originally Posted by SavageD View Post
Because they increases loudness i highly recommend that you keep your volume level 2 bars
below the maximum level OR YOU COULD POTENTIALLY BURST YOUR SPEAKERS.
It is good to note that the n900 speakers are very weak.
I hope you're not disabling xprot then. I've already had one mute N900 replaced because of that.

The Following User Says Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by javispedro View Post
I hope you're not disabling xprot them. I've already had one mute N900 replaced because of that.
Nope...xprot them is not disabled.
Edit:

Edit:
Wait, A minute do you mean
x-maemo.xprot.temperature?
cause they were disabled by default...

Last edited by SavageD; 2010-10-18 at 17:47.

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
I'm willing to give this a try, but I'm a little unsure if I have MohammedAG's driver installed. How do I check which version is installed?

Originally Posted by mrsellout View Post
I'm willing to give this a try, but I'm a little unsure if I have MohammedAG's driver installed. How do I check which version is installed?
Umm I dunno, but If you haven't downloaded anything relating to pulse audio. Then chances are you don't have it installed.

I'm in class right now so it would take a while for me the reply to any other responses.

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
My patch isn't mine, it's Nokia's, and it didn't require overclocking, it required a kernel with a patch that makes it compatible with it, which kernel-power had, kernel-power isn't only about overclocking.

Anyways, I've given up on attempting to fix that package in any way, since it was officially fixed as said on bugs.maemo.org.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
seems that something went wrong with the file i uploaded. I would have to re-pload it which may take a while

Edit:
Problem Fixed!

Last edited by SavageD; 2010-10-18 at 23:39.

So I'm guessing no one has tried the scripts? Please, I need some feed back.

I tried them. Using Mohammad's modified Pulseaudio. Stuttering hasn't happened since but have not had much time to test.

Will report more in-depth tomorrow.

The Following User Says Thank You to Reffyyyy For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by SavageD View Post
So I'm guessing no one has tried the scripts? Please, I need some feed back.
I'll try this tonight and give you some feedback tomorrow.

The Following User Says Thank You to confusedfella For This Useful Post: