Active Topics

Notices

Can anyone please help finding where the step by step procedure written for installing preenv and playing game.

The Following User Says Thank You to Farooq For This Useful Post:
Fantastic news! the palm webos EZ chroot image has just released! it means we won't face the incompatibility issues anymore, well, we can download it, resize it and use it with EZ chroot or we can extract it, and install it on our memory card (power kernel needed).

Originally Posted by Farooq View Post
Can anyone please help finding where the step by step procedure written for installing preenv and playing game.
let's begin
first you need to activate Extras Devel in your catalog in hildon app manager(or add it) you should be able to get the catalog activation link at repository.maemo.org
second you need to update the catalog list(warning:lots of updates or new applications may appear, remember that they are unstable and you should not use them unless you have accepted the risk)
go to X-Terminal
type:
root
apt-get install preenv filebox
wait for installation
exit X-terminal
In PC:
copy (or cut) the game folder after extracting it( first extract the .ipk file with 7zip in pc then extract the data.tar) go to the [extracted area]usr/palm/applications/
copy the [game folder] inside it to your mobile
open filebox
copy(or cut) the [game folder] into home/user (one folder up from mydocs(your mobile storage folder)
close filebox
open X-terminal
cd [game folder]
sudo gainroot
preenv
desktopgen appinfo.json
you should get a can't execute [folder/file] or [file] message
type chmod +rwx [appfolder/folder/file] or [appfolder/file]
type deskt... again
go to your desktop
open options/add shortcut
you should be able to see the game's shortcut now
add it,have fun.

Last edited by aligoodidea; 2010-12-04 at 09:43.

The Following User Says Thank You to aligoodidea For This Useful Post:
Posts: 248 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
Originally Posted by impeham View Post
go to the shortcut in the hildon folder, add "sudo " at the start of the execution command and remove the server line beneath.
run again and it will work.
Can somebody explain me what he mean and what to type in xterm????
it is for the game ground zero i cannot launch the game with the created icon and the step above explains how to but i dont understand what to do and where to start.
some one please direct me to the right way??
please

thanks

Last edited by Ali; 2010-11-30 at 18:44.

well, first you should find hildon/yourshortcut with find command(if you don't know about it you can search for find command in unix)
then sudo it(if you don't know about sudo command then search for ...[you know it])

Originally Posted by aligoodidea View Post
Fantastic news! the palm webos EZ chroot image has just released! it means we won't face the incompatibility issues anymore, well, we can download it, resize it and use it with EZ chroot or we can extract it, and install it on our memory card (power kernel needed).
Okay, so in theory we can now get by some of those WebOSverision and Segment faults right?

Please say this is true cos i wanna play some Gangstar

Originally Posted by MINKIN2 View Post
Okay, so in theory we can now get by some of those WebOSverision and Segment faults right?

Please say this is true cos i wanna play some Gangstar
multitouch problem still happens tough, we need to trick it in some way.
also you need to get some 3rd party applications like palm quick application install and opengl runtime, it's a little tricky if you are not familiar with the webos.

Last edited by aligoodidea; 2010-11-30 at 19:10.

Posts: 248 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
hi guys,

sorry but i still couldn't get ground effect pro to work with the icon i created.

if i type find ./ ground_effect_pro nothing happens and i am really trying to search more solutions but no luck!

can somebody just show me what to type if i want to find the shortcut to ground effect pro???

thanks

Name:  Screenshot-20101130-231031.jpg
Views: 679
Size:  23.3 KB

what am i doing wrong here?? i understood the line of exec where to put "sudo" at start so i did but i cant figure out which is the serverline impeham meant???

can somebody point it at me pleaseeee

Last edited by Ali; 2010-11-30 at 22:14. Reason: want some more knowledge

Posts: 7 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Illinois
EDIT: After creating driver.ini and inserting the text using Vi editor in x terminal, no more shadows.

Perhaps using vi to create the file should be noted in the FAQ.

This is in re: Driver. I installed everything properly, got the game running but got the black shadows.

I did apt-get install libgles1 libgles2, installed those packages. Still got the black shadows.

I created driver.ini in Leafpad and inserted

[default]
ForceExternalZBuffer=0

I placed this file in /etc/powervr.d as the instructions state.

After reboots, reinstalling the libgles libraries, I still get the black shadows.

Any ideas?

Last edited by matthewdouglas; 2010-12-02 at 16:33.

Tags
games, multi touch, palm pre, preenv, profile, reach page 250?, speed, yesssss