The n9 email is really limited

I wanted to send a long email but im at work, so I typed the email on my work email and emailed it to my phone with a view just to forward it on. The only thing I wanted to do was edit the email and remove my work signature and my work email addres etc…

Hit forward and it puts the email as an attachment to forward, so I cannot edit it in any way. How rubbish, I hate it when people attach an email to forward it. so I thought I know ill hit reply, copy the tx I want and just paste it into a new email, simple.

But nope when you hit reply the phone does not allow you to edit anything, only type new text.

This is a real bad point to the n9, anyway want to have a go and doing something about this?

on my previous phone n900 you coudl hit forward and edit the text in anyway you wanted, it was perfect. seems the email on an n9 is a step backwards

The Following User Says Thank You to andy_con For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
this is a stupid privacy restriction...started by blackberry and copied by nokia and other droids...

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
ah so im not the only one it annoys

Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
No you're not.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 738 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
you can't edit quote when replying either. quite sad.

so how do we go about getting someone in the know to look into this?

Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
so how do we go about getting someone in the know to look into this?
By asking Jolla or Cloudberry Tec, etc, to improve on this going forward in whatever they release.

Even if there was someone at Nokia who didn't end up at one of these new companies and could look into it, I'm pretty certain the N9 bug/feature request tracker has been locked for months.

Posts: 329 | Thanked: 422 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ derpton
Yes, there are liars, dirty liars, and then there's Nokia.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to herpderp For This Useful Post:
another thing i just noticed tonight there is no search facility in the email app.

so you cant easily find an email, grrr...

There IS a search function. You pull down on the email listing and the search box appears at the top.

My biggest complaint about the email client on the N9 is that it isn't really folder based.

For example, I have an IMAP account (the only way to fly!) on it, I have filters on other email clients (because I haven't seen any way to add filters on the N9) for all the emails I get regularly, like the content filters of the email servers I am the administrator of.

I ALWAYS get these emails in the main view of the screen, even though they've already been moved out of the INBOX on my multiple computers that have the IMAP account open.

Anyone know how to get around this?

slaapliedje
I have figured out the reason 'smartphones' were invented. They are for reading the internet while pooping. This means the best smartphone ever created is the N9. It is the only one that works so well single-handed.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slaapliedje For This Useful Post:

Tags
lumiatard