Oh yeah, didn't know that its almost hidden

Originally Posted by slaapliedje View Post
There IS a search function. You pull down on the email listing and the search box appears at the top.

My biggest complaint about the email client on the N9 is that it isn't really folder based.

For example, I have an IMAP account (the only way to fly!) on it, I have filters on other email clients (because I haven't seen any way to add filters on the N9) for all the emails I get regularly, like the content filters of the email servers I am the administrator of.

I ALWAYS get these emails in the main view of the screen, even though they've already been moved out of the INBOX on my multiple computers that have the IMAP account open.

Anyone know how to get around this?

slaapliedje

Community Council | Posts: 664 | Thanked: 1,648 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Hamburg
I've an IMAP account (the only way to fly!) on it, I have filters on other email clients...
I ALWAYS get these emails in the main view of the screen...

Have that too, really annoying.
Was this never reported as bug?
Current Maemo Community Council member

how come there are no other mail clients around?

the pim applications from nokia are 80% good, just need some tweaking.

as the op, i would like to have inline forwarding of emails.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by ssciberras View Post
how come there are no other mail clients around?
For an open platform, MeeGo development was a tad bit more closed and limited than Maemo 5.

So not seeing another, properly done e-mail client isn't really that surprising. Sad though... I find the e-mail client on my N9 to be the weakest link of my experience on that phone. It gave me absolute hell while traveling abroad these last 4 weeks.

Can we change default font style and size for email so that I don't have to change it manually every time I write an email?

Posts: 89 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Macon, GA | Warsaw, PL | Hanoi, VN
Is there any way to change the default font style for emails?

Posts: 58 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Argentina
There IS a search function. You pull down on the email listing and the search box appears at the top.

My biggest complaint about the email client on the N9 is that it isn't really folder based.

For example, I have an IMAP account (the only way to fly!) on it, I have filters on other email clients (because I haven't seen any way to add filters on the N9) for all the emails I get regularly, like the content filters of the email servers I am the administrator of.

I ALWAYS get these emails in the main view of the screen, even though they've already been moved out of the INBOX on my multiple computers that have the IMAP account open.

slaapliedje
I'm assuming other email clients on other computers do the moving.
It's natural that you get the notification, because it arrives before your other computer moves the email, and there's no way to undo the notification.

Since you said you use IMAP, you should use Sieve instead. Sieve filters run server-side, and most mail clients will let you edit them easily or have a plugin to do so (you can algo just edit them manually too).

Posts: 82 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Singapore
Anyone find the email app over sensitive to touch? Moving around in an email often result in changing to another email. This is ultra annoying for me.

Originally Posted by tanwg View Post
Anyone find the email app over sensitive to touch? Moving around in an email often result in changing to another email. This is ultra annoying for me.
N9 email client is the first in the history of smartphones. Brought to you by the current Jolla loser team.

Lol. Meant to say the WORST not FIRST.

Tags
lumiatard