Active Topics

Notices

thanks nexus but i got an error.

I copied the file to the n900 root and opened xterminal and typed sh /opt/psx4m/install.sh
it gave this error sh: can't open /opt/psx4m/install.sh

what do I do?

Posts: 89 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London
you need to copy the psx4m folder to /opt first. use filebox as it is easier (check app manager) and then run the sh command as root

Thanks alot nexus youve been very helpfull i got one more question what type of files does this application run? does .bin work?

thanks again buddy

Posts: 89 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London
Originally Posted by confusedfella View Post
Thanks alot nexus youve been very helpfull i got one more question what type of files does this application run? does .bin work?

thanks again buddy
so far .iso .bin .img and .mdf workd for me, depends on the game really not all of them work

@beli: You can run `dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot` when in the psx4m root directory to build the package. If you need to run some stuff after installation, you can put it into the 'debian/postinst' file (bash script). It would be good to also undo the changes in 'debian/postrm'.

I think it would be better to use Bratag's ini parser instead of what you're using now though

Posts: 80 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Belgium
The keys are configured for my N900 which has a spanish keyboard layout. I didn't have enough time to create a complicated config parser.

The numbers in the keys file are the keymap codes for:
Left
Right
Up
Down
o
x
triangle
square
Select
Start
L2
R2
L1
R2
Quit

The codes to enter you can find looking at http://www.koders.com/c/fidD9E5E78FD...FADE79933.aspx and converting the hex codes to decimal with a converter like http://www.xs4all.nl/~erikl/baseconv.html

I know its a bit complicated but the idea is to generate this keys file from the GUI later on.

The file chooser allows .img, .bin and .iso for now.

The ideal case would be to package it in a .deb that does the installation script as postinstall and checks for the python deps, but I didn't have time to figure that out yet. Any help is welcome.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beli For This Useful Post:
i just save my games as i would on a normal ps1. i didnt do anything special to enable save/load.
i have savestates for resident evil, crash bandicoot and abes oddysee and all run fine loading from game menu

I loaded a .bin file (crash team racing) but when i press start nothing happens. any ideas?

Posts: 1,169 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ sunderland
crash team racing wouldnt work for me bro, try another game, crash 1 works

i tried 3 .bin files and none of them work do i have to do anything before loading the .bin file in the psx4m application?

right now i just open the app load the file and run start

Thanks again

Tags
bonapart_rules, its dead......., playstation, psx4all, sausaaaaaaaaage, sausage tag, try & emu mgs4, who needs this?, whytagsmerged?, wurstthreadever