Active Topics

Notices

I echo the good Dr's comments. This is the most used program on my n900. I too hate it takes so much attention from fatalsaint. Wouldn't blame you if you gave it up. I thank you for all you have done already.

Does anybody know if there is a was to get the free version of pandora to work like what you would get on pc? You know, with commercials and limited skips. Forgive me if this is an ignorant question. I just miss my pyradio.

The Following User Says Thank You to cortek For This Useful Post:
I'm listening to pandora now with the n900 default browser. Not nearly as user friendly as pyradio but works ok if you put it in shuffle mode.

The Following User Says Thank You to gawga_boy For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gawga_boy View Post
I'm listening to pandora now with the n900 default browser. Not nearly as user friendly as pyradio but works ok if you put it in shuffle mode.
hmm. Every time I try it just loads up a blue page with circles on it and that's it. Maybe a mobile version? I will figure out tonight. Thank you for your response. at least i know it is possible.

Not sure why it works but it does.. Don't recall if the extra codecs for the media play has anything to do with it. There is a quirk though. When I first bring it up it will not go to the next song until I reload the page. After that it keeps going to the next song.

Last edited by gawga_boy; 2011-12-14 at 20:16.

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Hey Saint.

Would it be possible to package your next Diablo version to simlink whatever files and folders that can be done over to the external memory card?

Originally Posted by Addison View Post
Hey Saint.

Would it be possible to package your next Diablo version to simlink whatever files and folders that can be done over to the external memory card?
The problem with that is not everyone has an external memory card. Plus, it's not really a python packages job to move the PyQt4 libraries around on the system. That's actually kind of ugly. The real request should go to who did PyQt4 for diablo but I don't know if they are even keeping it up to date anymore.

That's where the bulk of the space is going. Qt, Python, and the bindings. My small app is like 360k or something.

----

Update: Thanks to spbogie who is much smarter than me that created the Pandora XBMC app (and where I took some of the backend pieces from) we are back up and running. The timestamp thing was confusing me but I saw he released an update and checked his source code again. If you use XBMC you can check it out here.

I have pushed 4.5 to the repositories for fremantle and diablo will follow shortly.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:
Oh.. submitted two releases.. 4.6 has the fix for the Love/Hate problem.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:
Okay.

I understand Saint.

Perhaps there's a way to unpack everything in your build for Diablo right onto my memory card, then I can move the necessary executables to flash memory... the rest of which I would leave and symlink, yes?

Does that make any sense?

Right now, I simply don't even have enough memory to install this again so that I can move all of the files and folders to my external SD card.

Your app is such a beast.

The Following User Says Thank You to Addison For This Useful Post:
I love how you keep saying my app is a beast .

Seriously, if you want to move my app to external, you can move /opt/pyRadio to your external card and either symlink it back to /opt or just run it straight from the MMC.

You'll save yourself about 360k. That's all my app is.. about 16-18 text files.

The 'beast' part is the dependencies. They are the same dependencies any PyQt4 app would have. These are system libraries and the PyQt4 wrappers depend, in turn, on the qt4 libraries. I think when I looked at it before it was the webkit and one other that took up to like 100 or something megs alone. I can't recall. Anyway, there's nothing I can do about those dependencies - I don't know if PySide would be any smaller (I don't think so) - but I can't test it because PySide is broken on Diablo and is the only reason I have to maintain two sources now *argh*.

Honestly the only way to save space on the N8x0 is going to be to code this in C and/or use the system standard GTK libraries instead of QT which is the native library for diablo.

In reality, this app could probably really easily be ported to PyGTK and would likely save you a ton of dependencies. I'd be more than happy to provide the source code if someone wants it, or you can just unpack the .deb and grab everything in /opt/pyRadio.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:
I'll ask around and see if anyone would be willing for me to systematically abuse them and get this ported to GTK instead.

After all, how can I lose?!

Tags
bad tags, good tags, pyradio