Active Topics

Notices

...this might be useful on the 770 :
http://www.muth.org/Robert/Winzig/

Posts: 148 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Stimutax, AZ
http://pymaemo.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/moin.cgi/

There are two different versions of !PyMaemo, one for SDK 1.0 and another to SDK 1.1. !PyMaemo packages are group together in Common, Hildon and Game components. Common contains the Python interpreter and Python Numeric. Hildon is the way to create graphical applications in Maemo and contais pygtk2 and pyHildon. Game contains pygame, sdl-image, sdl-ttf and smpeg. Hildon requires Common, PyGame also requires Common.

Yes, actually I'd seen those, but that INDT stuff doesn't look very "end-user-ready" to me... I don't know what "SDK 1.0" and "SDK 1.1" refer to, the SF dowload dir is a bit daunting, with most of it dating back to last summer... and it looks like none of it has even been tried on an actual 770 ! So even if the port is correct it might not really run on the device due to memory constraints etc.
Is anyone really using this ?...

Hmmm... Re-reading that page I found I missed that link near the end... seems one of the devs was running python+pygame+solarwolf on his 770 proto back in june... so I guess I've been unfair here.
Time to shut my big mouth and try it myself :-)

Well, I tried, and this confirms that those INDT packages are for some Maemo development platform, not for the N770 stock distribution. The given command line instructions (dpkg) don't work, and unsurprisingly the graphical installer doesn't grok them either.
So still no python/pyGTK/pygame for us "consumers" yet... *sigh* :-)

Posts: 148 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Stimutax, AZ
Originally Posted by fpp
Well, I tried, and this confirms that those INDT packages are for some Maemo development platform, not for the N770 stock distribution. The given command line instructions (dpkg) don't work, and unsurprisingly the graphical installer doesn't grok them either.
So still no python/pyGTK/pygame for us "consumers" yet... *sigh* :-)
yeah, I think you have to use the rd-mode to do the command as root. maybe I'll try installing the packages later.

Posts: 40 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Espoo, Finland
There is a bug in the installer package of pymaemo. It has been reported about a month ago, but so far there is no fix for it.

You can install it using xterm, but you have to enable the rd-mode and become root first. The link below has the instructions in the latest comment.

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index...64&atid=759443

www.teemuharju.net

Problem is, that particular flasher which accepts command-line options to enable rd-mode, usb-host and other goodies, only seems to exist for Linux and OSX.
My understanding is that the current Windows flasher is only for updating the tablet with a new binary, or am I wrong ?
As I don't have a Linux PC handy, I would have to boot a live CD like Knoppix just to run the flasher, bit of a pain that :-)