I'm still waiting too.

Posts: 423 | Thanked: 478 times | Joined on Sep 2014 @ Netherlands
I'm still waiting as well. Kinda glad to stumble upon this topic 'cause I honestly thought I was the only one still waiting...

Edit: ah, I see they've sent an e-mail to a different address. I now chose to wait for the refund, although I'm kinda bummed that I'll only receive 50% of my refund. In accordance with the law, I have the right to receive a 100% refund...

The Following User Says Thank You to vistaus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by vistaus View Post
I'm still waiting as well. Kinda glad to stumble upon this topic 'cause I honestly thought I was the only one still waiting...

Edit: ah, I see they've sent an e-mail to a different address. I now chose to wait for the refund, although I'm kinda bummed that I'll only receive 50% of my refund. In accordance with the law, I have the right to receive a 100% refund...
Man, you will never be alone. I'm here. Its just that mods delete/move/infraction/ban you for post in these kind of threads. some how they cant handle it.

the cool thing is that jolla slowly push out second part of refunds now. unfortunately its like 100 per month and much less that actually is refunded. so it will take a loooooong time.

october refund mail are still not sent so if we are luckey we might get it this coming week.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2017-10-15 at 11:15.

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
In accordance with the law, I have the right to receive a 100% refund...
No. In accordance with the law, you have the right to receive a big fat zero. It is Jolla's good will (and PR) that they offered any refund at all.

No matter how many times this is stressed, some people choose to stick to their own dogma.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
EDIT: IGNORE THIS POST, SEE BELOW

Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
No. In accordance with the law, you have the right to receive a big fat zero. It is Jolla's good will (and PR) that they offered any refund at all.

No matter how many times this is stressed, some people choose to stick to their own dogma.
Maybe according to your law, but my law says:

"Bij de ontbinding van een consumentenkoop wegens een tekortkoming in de nakoming van de in artikel 9 lid 4 bedoelde verbintenis vergoedt de verkoper onverwijld alle van de koper ontvangen betalingen."

"In the case of dissolution of a consumer purchase due to a shortcoming in the fulfillment of the undertaking referred to in article 9 (4), the seller shall forthwith compensate all payments received from the buyer."

(http://wetten.overheid.nl/BWBR0005290/2017-10-10)

and

Law on remote buying (=buying something through the internet)

"Tenzij de consument en de leverancier vooraf anders afspreken, moet de bestelling binnen dertig dagen na plaatsing worden uitgevoerd. Als het bestelde goed of de bestelde dienst niet leverbaar is, moet de leverancier de consument daarvan op de hoogte stellen en eventuele betalingen binnen dertig dagen terugstorten."

"Unless the consumer and the supplier in advance agree otherwise, the order must be carried out within thirty days after placing the order. If the ordered good or ordered service is not available, the supplier must inform the consumer and refund any payments within thirty days."

(http://www.iusmentis.com/zakendoen/wetkoopopafstand/)

According to the government website, this applies to all goods bought within the EU and Finland is part of the EU. This has been tested in court and has been ruled in favor of consumers multiple times.
So don't tell me it's not in accordance with the law 'cause you clearly haven't studied the law of my country.

EDIT: IGNORE THIS POST, SEE BELOW

Last edited by vistaus; 2017-10-16 at 09:36.

"Unless the consumer and the supplier in advance agree otherwise, the order must be carried out within thirty days after placing the order. If the ordered good or ordered service is not available, the supplier must inform the consumer and refund any payments within thirty days."
This contradicts the very idea of crowdfunding and most likely would not be applied to such case.

According to the government website, this applies to all goods bought within the EU and Finland is part of the EU. This has been tested in court and has been ruled in favor of consumers multiple times.
So don't tell me it's not in accordance with the law 'cause you clearly haven't studied the law of my country.
Maybe you should not be too arrogant on that one as you clearly have not realized that the transaction was NOT made with Jolla of Finland, nor in EU but with Jolla-Asia Ltd residing in Hong Kong (as in Finland laws regulating crowdfunding were not ready at the time of the campaign). So, pichlo is very much right on this - Jolla would be under any obligation to refund, but they chose to do so (which is of course wise thing to do).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JulmaHerra For This Useful Post:
Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester

Where does the 50% figure come from? They already refunded everyone that amount, and said they'll pay the second 50% as and when they can.

Originally Posted by mrsellout View Post
Where does the 50% figure come from? They already refunded everyone that amount, and said they'll pay the second 50% as and when they can.
I haven't received any refund and according to the current page, they say that I only get 104.50 once, so that's 50%.

Last edited by vistaus; 2017-10-16 at 09:22.

Originally Posted by JulmaHerra View Post
This contradicts the very idea of crowdfunding and most likely would not be applied to such case.

Maybe you should not be too arrogant on that one as you clearly have not realized that the transaction was NOT made with Jolla of Finland, nor in EU but with Jolla-Asia Ltd residing in Hong Kong (as in Finland laws regulating crowdfunding were not ready at the time of the campaign). So, pichlo is very much right on this - Jolla would be under any obligation to refund, but they chose to do so (which is of course wise thing to do).
Crowdfunding is covered by that law. It has been tested in court.

I'm sorry if I was coming off arrogant. It was just that pichlo's reply felt very crude as he hadn't even studied my law, so I was only trying to point out that my law is different. I wasn't trying to come off arrogant or anything. Again: I apologize.
I hadn't noticed that the transaction was with Jolla in Hong Kong. I've switched banks early 2016 so I can't recall the transaction, but I believe you. In that case, ignore my post. (< I'm talking to you, pichlo and everyone else )

Last edited by vistaus; 2017-10-16 at 09:31.

The Following User Says Thank You to vistaus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
I haven't received any refund and according to the current page, they say that I only get 104.50 once, so that's 50%.
You need to talk to Jolla care, maybe this mixup with email you mention has resulted in you missing their comms.

The Following User Says Thank You to mrsellout For This Useful Post: