Posts: 515 | Thanked: 266 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Oelsted, Denmark
Glad I could help out...

did reflashing help solve this problem?

Hello, I have problem installing application even if it this small application like 50 kB or so. I get the following message: “Nor enough space in application install memory. Uninstall some applications to free enough space for this application.”

When I go to memory I can read following:
Nokia n900
13.12 GB available
Memory for installable applications
103.9 MB available

I searched the forum a little and found this script (http://wiki.maemo.org/User:Tanner#Sa...pace_on_rootfs) but it didnīt help. Can someone please give me any suggestions what to do? Thanks in advance and best regards to you all
M

Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
Here is the wki about repartitioning http://wiki.maemo.org/Repartitioning_the_flash
If you need assistance please post the output of
Code:
df
mount
du -kx /home | sort -n | tail -n 20
sudo gainroot
sfdisk -l
The last two lines only work, if the rootsh package is installed.

The Following User Says Thank You to michaaa62 For This Useful Post:
Thanks Michaaa62. Will have to read all the text carefully on that website that you gave me before I try anything. Also, I did the command in X terminal as you wrote in your post but I donīt know how to copy the text from X terminal and show it to you here. Ctrl C does not work in X terminal I guess. Can you give me instruction how to copy the result from X terminal so that I can show you what the output is after doing that command that you said I should do. Thanks michaaa62

Originally Posted by michaaa62 View Post
Here is the wki about repartitioning http://wiki.maemo.org/Repartitioning_the_flash
If you need assistance please post the output of
Code:
df
mount
du -kx /home | sort -n | tail -n 20
sudo gainroot
sfdisk -l
The last two lines only work, if the rootsh package is installed.

Redirect the output into a file and attach this file
Code:
df > /home/user/MyDocs/debug.txt
mount >>  /home/user/MyDocs/debug.txt
du -kx /home | sort -n | tail -n 20 >>  /home/user/MyDocs/debug.txt
sudo gainroot >>  /home/user/MyDocs/debug.txt
sfdisk -l >> /home/user/MyDocs/debug.txt
There will be on the screen, it is all in the file

Hi again michaaa62, I attached the result from X terminal as you can see. Hope this will give you the info regarding my problem. Also I noticed some other problem today with my n900. I received mail and when I tried to delete it it first shows me that it is deleted but then when I re-enter again ín my inbox the mail is still there. Also I get the message on the screen saying that my memory is full and I have to free some space. And just a few minutes ago I got a notification that there is an update on one app that I have donwloaded before in my phone but canīt install it because of low space and when I click on ignore button (for not wanting to update the app) the little green notification button doesnīt disappear.My phone is really sick need medical atention badly!
Michaaa62 thanks for helping me
Attached Files
File Type: txt debug.txt (2.7 KB, 67 views)

Last edited by miroslav_s; 2012-02-07 at 17:37.

Right the optfs is filled to capacity You must delete some files or folders to get some space back before proceed with repartitioning.
But i miss the output of
Code:
du -kx /home | sort -n | tail -n 50 >>  /home/user/MyDocs/debug.txt
in the file you posted.

Hi michaaa62,
just read your post. Is there any app that I can install right now and use to clean all those files that I am not using, for example I found several files in my phone when I use Tunnelier and can go through my phone. Since I donīt know if some files are used with other apps or not I thought if there was some app that helps you clean up your phone if you know what I mean. You mentioned in your post that optfs is filled to capacity and that I must delete some files or folders. Whatīs in optfs? What I mean is what is the phone storing there?
Also I did that last command in X terminal, the one you said that is missing and Iīm gonna attach the file for you to see. Hope I did it right this time.
I donīt know, perhaps the easiest way for me would be just to erase everything from the phone and start all over again. This is all making me confused.

Originally Posted by michaaa62 View Post
Right the optfs is filled to capacity You must delete some files or folders to get some space back before proceed with repartitioning.
But i miss the output of
Code:
du -kx /home | sort -n | tail -n 50 >>  /home/user/MyDocs/debug.txt
in the file you posted.
Attached Files
File Type: txt debug.txt (2.3 KB, 55 views)

This is not the output i ask for to safely remove some files to install the missing tools to repartition.
Please
Code:
du -kx /home | sort -n | tail -n 50 > /home/user/MyDocs/disk_usage.txt
post disk_usage.txt here

Last edited by michaaa62; 2012-02-08 at 16:59.

The Following User Says Thank You to michaaa62 For This Useful Post: