Perhaps it's because there was never a Symbian app like this, but for those coming from webOS, iOS, Android, the lack of a forumrunner or tapatalk client is a bit frustrating. With clients like "Forums" (tapatalk on webOS) I can bring up my favorite forums (that support tapatalk which is dead simple) and view/post to my subscribed threads or the newest additions, etc. without the clumsiness of a hone browser that requires me to zoom in and pan to read.

I would very much like to have an app like this for MeeGo/N9.

Here's a page for the webOS client with some screens:
https://developer.palm.com/appredire...opments.forums

Adobe Digital Editions, Audible and Kindle would be great to have, although just read that TOR ditches DRM.

Posts: 963 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Connecticut, USA
Wuala is now offering 5 GB of storage free. It is similar to Dropbox but with the diference that the data is encrypted. Wuala is available for Windows, OS X, Linux, iPhone, iPad and Android. Unfortunately, the code is Java. It would be nice to have a way to use it though.

http://temporaryland.wordpress.com/

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Wisconsin
A solid last fm app, not just to scrobble but to listen to radio stations. Basicly a mobbler port

other than that I have what I need

Posts: 51 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Stockholm
Originally Posted by derch View Post
A solid last fm app, not just to scrobble but to listen to radio stations. Basicly a mobbler port

other than that I have what I need
I used Vagalume as a last.fm client on the N900. Have not investigated if there is a working build for Harmattan but they mention, on their website, that "Vagalume also works in MeeGo-based devices...". Might be something to look into.

//j

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Wisconsin
thanks but there is no n9 download, ill contact the dev and see whats happening, thanks for the heads up

Originally Posted by qgil View Post
There is a lot of people at Nokia being paid for bringing more apps to Windows Phone but I'm not one of them. I'm being paid (among other things) for bringing apps to Qt and my main motivation when asking here is to have more apps for the N9 at the Nokia Store.

If this also helps bringing more apps to other Nokia platforms then great. All the better for developers and users.
Great to hear this. I have bought the N9 for one reason I did not like the android and IOS operating systems compared to my experience with symbian phone c6-01. However, I am missing key apps for the phone. Tango, viber and fring. I know these are 3rd party apps but Nokia needs to know that their N9 will outsell every other phone if they can convince these 3rd parties to port their apps to it.

Other important apps that I have in my android phone and use frequently are:

- Parcels: package tracker.
- Flight tracker
- Shopsavvy + RedLaser ( I know there is MeeScan which is great, however needs improvements especially allowing user choice of action like product search. The way it is now, we need to tap the screen several times before I get to price comparison)

One last thing is I wish we can get dophin browser to n9 way better than opera and firefox.

* [https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...derlistandroid wunderlist] task manager with cloud sync and collaborative features
** there is no proper task manager available, and this one is available for linux desktops too

* [https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...kiwi.avrremote AVR Remote for Marantz/Denon]
** would like to see a native app for controlling my AV receiver

mobipocket reader alternative that can read kindle prc dictionary properly.

Something like this. A proper astronomy app that uses GPS and the gyroscope etc. Really missing this from iOS..