Active Topics

Posts: 741 | Thanked: 900 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Auckland NZ
Originally Posted by Creamy Goodness View Post
???
Don't tell me what I should think. Fine, its not stolen. They're still *******s for taking something from MeeGo that was demonstrated on n900 direct to the N8. It's my opinion, based on how Nokia treats Maemo. How much work would it be to release it for us? Whatever... I don't really care, it looks stupid to me honestly.
Why you mad bro? It was shown on Maemo on the N900, not MeeGo and it was running way too slow. It's pretty cool on my wife's N8. She absolutely loves it. Lets wait for MeeGo to see how much cooler that UI is.

Posts: 1,187 | Thanked: 816 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Australia
This is AWESOME!
I absolutely LOVE IT!

I really want it! Is it possible to make something similar for N900??
I'd be happy to risk my phone as a test!

I LOOOOVE IT!
I'd buy an N8 just to play with that... although - I hate symbion!

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by Creamy Goodness View Post
???
Don't tell me what I should think. Fine, its not stolen. They're still *******s for taking something from MeeGo that was demonstrated on n900 direct to the N8. It's my opinion, based on how Nokia treats Maemo. How much work would it be to release it for us? Whatever... I don't really care, it looks stupid to me honestly.
Nokia is one the biggest, if not the biggest, client of Digia. Lots of Nokia software is actually bought and rebranded from Digia. Nokia and Digia have close relationship. Very likely that this is completly legit.

Last edited by Rauha; 2011-02-06 at 08:58. Reason: fixes

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Disclaimer: no promises.

I started looking into this and I'm currently trying to replace the lock screen with another UI (just a window for now), if that proves to be successful, implementing the UI should be an easy step.

I hope Nokia and Pauli don't mind if we copied their UI

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,187 | Thanked: 816 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Australia
Hello!
How's your work going?
Can we be on any help?

Tags
n8-00, qt xxx, symbian, uixxx