Active Topics

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
* you can throw away your wallet and cards for most trips, the mobile will handle that if you want!

* the mobile take over your tv, computer and gaming gear.

Samsung will rule, other Asia companies will move fast on the cost of apple.

What else? More tech mobile devices in clothes and clocks and cars...Android will rule the world even next year.

I will be the last man standing at TMO.

Lets see how it turn out during the year. Jolla alive in the end of 2013, tizen?

Check a year from now!

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2012-12-31 at 18:16.

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 710 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Beirut, Lebanon
Mm.. You the last guy standing on TMO? Wanna bet? I believe I can stay the last guy standing in TMO.

Originally Posted by Dave999
I will vote AMD for president next time if I'm having any shares during next meeting.

Do good for a human being and like my art page!

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by AMD View Post
Mm.. You the last guy standing on TMO? Wanna bet? I believe I can stay the last guy standing in TMO.

You don't stand a chance against Optimus Dave.

What's your predictions for 2013? I leave and you win?

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 710 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Beirut, Lebanon
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
You don't stand a chance against Optimus Dave.

What's your predictions for 2013? I leave and you win?
Yea basically. And I predict that AMD will get GTA V in 2013, Spring 2013. And also, he would have already Far Cry 3 game and if Sailfish gets ported to the N9, I am sure AMD will port it directly.

Originally Posted by Dave999
I will vote AMD for president next time if I'm having any shares during next meeting.

Do good for a human being and like my art page!

Originally Posted by AMD View Post
Yea basically. And I predict that AMD will get GTA V in 2013, Spring 2013. And also, he would have already Far Cry 3 game and if Sailfish gets ported to the N9, I am sure AMD will port it directly.
Yeah, I think you are right at it! waiting for the port.

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
My predictions:
  • Apple will release a new iPhone.
  • Apple will release a new iPad.
  • Samsung will release an Android device with 'Galaxy' in the model name.
  • Samsung will release a Tizen device. Nobody will care.
  • There will be a number of uninspiring Android devices with a black, rectangular design and no buttons on the facia.
  • There will not be a Jolla/Sailfish device with a hardware keyboard.
  • Android market share will increase.
  • Android will still suck.
  • Windoze Phone market share will remain in single figures.
  • Windoze Phone will still suck.
  • I'll still be using the N900 as my main mobile device.

My website

GitHub

My prediction is:

* Lumias will rule.
* Androids will rule more
* The end of Apple (Samsung is already more hip, and it will get much worse for Apple).

And finally:
* This is my last post here on this forum. Unless Jolla manages to deliver something tangible and cool and obtainable, sometime, somehow, against all odds, I don't see me coming back. Maybe we all meet in a Jolla forum Bye bye everybody

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
This place closes, Apple starts to crumble, Samsung buys Nokia, Elop fired and WP8 flops alongside Surface and Win8 RT.

Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
No, no, no, don't be so sure, gerbick. Maemo is not going to close, Apple will not crumble - it will simply become one of many instead of the leader (it's well known that once founder dies, the country-company falls apart; or, at least, has to find a new leader, strong enough to create a new path), Samsung is not going to buy Nokia - because Nokia is still allied with Microsoft; Windows 8 will not flop - because many people will buy new devices, and vendors still push Windows as the primary pre-installed OS.
Best wishes.
Happy New Year.

- It is discovered that iPhones emit an EM field that represses the thoughts and personality of the user
- Apple successfully patent 'Feelings of spiritual reverence and belief in a higher being'. Such feelings may only be applied to Apple products without facing a lawsuit.
- Google and Samsung buy each other out twice and end up back where they started.
- Due to his success at Nokia, Stephen Elop is made CEO of Microsoft, where he cancels Windows Phone OS and is revealed to have been working for Google all along. He is then made CEO of Google, where he cancels Android and is revealed to be Steve Jobs in disguise
- Samsung develop nuclear weapons. The CEO suggests that people might want to 'think carefully' before purchasing their next phone

Tags
apple=religion?, kebab=?=doner, stephen=?=steve