Not sure if posted yet
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/aust...-1226163284864

says the N9 will get a software update before year's end.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to unfuccwittable For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by phatman2600 View Post
So we don't have an accurate measure to tell when we will get our phones? I wonder if they have left Denmark or if they are in customs.
I swear, sometimes it's easy to forget we're in the year 2011 and that computers CAN be sued to track movements of packages easily when things like this keep happening. :P
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 151 | Thanked: 178 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ SF Bay Area
Originally Posted by unfuccwittable View Post
"...not really as sophisticated as the iPhone..."

I had to stop watching the video at that point. I was laughing. I've owned iPhones. They are smooth. They have many, many, apps (the Koi Pond was one of my favorites). But they, yet, do not have the level of integration that the N9 (and N900 before it) has.

To each his own, of course. But that doesn't mean I have to spend the time to listen.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kjmackey For This Useful Post:
Posts: 559 | Thanked: 1,017 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
I've been silently lurking over at Meego.com - posted once recently (I know, I know) - and seeing this kind of stuff is counter each and everything said so far about what to expect.

I do have a slight beef though. Why would people wait so long to find these discoveries and publish them?
To be fair, this certain bug was raised two months ago. I don't remember when the community N950s were handed out but I think that the developer did publish his finding immediately after his development was blocked because of this "design decision".

But anyway, this is definately something that I did not want to see. I have assumed that the open mode has been promised (although there is no document anywhere to be found for reference) and that the open mode would definately not mean "use MeeGo CE". I thought that at least some level of customisation (in Status Menu, in Status area) is allowed. After all, it is on Maemo5. People like it. People use it. Why take it away?

There is such a huge contrast between these two launches at the spiritual level:
http://flors.wordpress.com/2009/08/2...comes-maemo-5/ "If freedom is your concern then you don’t need to “unlock” or “jailbreak” Maemo 5. From installing an application to getting root access, it’s you who decide. We trust you, and at the end it’s your device."
http://flors.wordpress.com/2011/06/2...1-2-harmattan/ (there are words like ecosystem, platform... Freedom is not mentioned)

Difficult time for a Maemo (not Nokia...) fan.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to OVK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
Don't scroll down or you'll ruin the story.

So yesterday I wake up at 9:10am and groggy and I'm supposed to catch a train and go down to San Diego (El Cajon area) to pick up my divorce papers from the court so I can prove I am not married to the American embassy in the Philippines when I go there on the 17th.

I was supposed to wake up in the wee hours and take the 5am train but I got lazy.

I know the next one is at 10:20am but I'm starting to procrastinate to myself thinking I'll just take the next one tomorrow at 5am. After all today is Columbus day.

So I go online to the Amtrak website to verify there is a 5am and 10am train tomorrow but there isn't. There is only a 3pm train. I can't take that 3pm train and get down to San Diego in time for the court! By then I'll be downtown at 8/9pm and in El Cajon by 10/11pm and I have to get a motel too!

It's about 9:40am now so I pack food, water and ID and fly out the door to catch that 10:20 train without taking a shower to my great displeasure.

I catch the train and make it down there and get the motel and immediately take a shower and the next day go to the court house in El Cajon.
For some reason I don't believe what google maps is telling me that the courthouse is very near my motel so I end up bicycling about 4 miles down E Main Street until I figure out maybe I was wrong and stop someone on the sidewalk and ask him and he insists I'm going the wrong way.

So I go back to the other way and find the court house.
When I get there I have to take the credit card knife http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/tools/b881/?srp=24
and a bunch of other metal things (including a knife key ring) off my person and stash them in the bushes so they don't flag me when I walk into the court house.

When I enter the courthouse the security guard says "XYZ."
I say "what?" He says "you know what XYZ means?" I say "no." He says "examine your zipper." I say "holy crap thanks man" and zip myself up.

When I get inside I find out my X didn't finish the divorce paper work and the judge dismissed it 3 years later in 2004 because of mistakes and "times up" so I'm still married!

The court clerk just hands me my file in sympathy because I told him what I came for and tells me "just paper clip whatever you want me to copy and I will" and there is the paper of the judge dismissing the case right on top because of x-wife fail.
Holy crap! This is a set back!

I immediately call my soon-to-be-extended-family and tell them what has unexpectantly happened and apologize and swear I'm going to fix this (I told them I was divorced).

So I catch the trolley back to downtown San Diego and then the train North back to where I live.

I had two hours before my train arrived so I bicycled down to the San Diego pier and took a lot of pictures of the boats, USS Midway, boardwalk and the Coronado bridge which you can see on my facebook page.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001012473293
These were taken with the LG G2x

The stupid conductor made me stick my bike in the very last storage car with a sliding door which I questioned him twice about insisting that no conductor has ever asked me to put my bike on the train like this before - there are always bike racks every other car. He insists this is the way we do it on the trains going North.

2.5 hours later I tell the conductor (there is a new one now) "I have a bike in the last car" and he says "you're not supposed to have a bike in that last car." I tell him "the conductor told me to do it and my ticket says BIKE on it." So he's reluctantly ok with it. He says "just remind me to get it off for you." Now I'm worried (the bike is worth $500).

At the 3 hour mark I hear on the PA someone has decided to stand on the train tracks and block the train so they have called the police to remove him from the tracks.
There goes one more hour.
5 minutes before my destination I walk all the way from the back of the train to the front to find the conductor eating his lunch and reading the paper.
I ask him to please remember I have a bike in the back car and it's worth $500 and I need him to take it out for me. How many minutes do we have? The other conductor says 3.

He says "thank you for reminding me" closes his paper and walks about to the halfway mark of the train with me following behind him.
He opens the stairs down and tells me he will meet me at the back of the train (I hope he does) as the train comes to a stop.

He does but he can't get the sliding door open (understandbly) so he calls on the radio and asks what's the trick to his coworker.
30 seconds later the door is opening to my relief.

I look inside. "Where is my bike?!!!??" Holy crap someone claimed it as theirs and it came off at an earlier stop (I'm thinking to myself).
"Here you go."
He hands me my bike (thank goodness). I guess it was on the inside wall where I could not see.

I'm off on my way home. I stop by the liquor store and see a few non-winning scratcher tickets laying on a table outside at the Mexican food restaurant near there so I pick them up for second chance entry at the calottery website. I've got about 400 tickets entered just from picking up other peoples losing scratcher tickets and entering them into the website.

When i get home I realize my garden hasn't been watered since I've been gone so I water it in the dark.

It's about 9:25pm. I walk into the back door and into the living room and I see a little box on the living room table in the dark!

OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!
I reach for the light
Click

AAAAWWWWWWWW

F&*%^#$%^&@$&^%!

I forgot I ordered a bottle of oil based vitamins from lef.org

Last edited by aironeous; 2011-10-12 at 07:37.

The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to aironeous For This Useful Post:
Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
I swear, sometimes it's easy to forget we're in the year 2011 and that computers CAN be sued to track movements of packages easily when things like this keep happening. :P
Ok, was that a typo or were you suggesting to be litigious? Or were you just trying to make it unclear on purpose.
http://www.google.com/trends?q=sarca...ate=all&sort=0

Last edited by aironeous; 2011-10-12 at 08:07.

Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
Not sure if posted yet

says the N9 will get a software update before year's end.
That is what I know also. PR 1.1 will be out quite soon.

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 284 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Malaysia
to the gent who reported on the N9 being available in Malaysia, which city are you located in? And which store(s) was it available in?
Sorry, I just saw your post...

Currently the N9 only available through network providers:

http://www.celcom.com.my/smartphones/meego.php

or

http://www.digi.com.my/internet/smartplan/nokia_n9.html

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Joseph.skb For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
Does anyone know the Nokia N9 China launch / release date?
That is going to be a very important date for every Nokia N9 owner here.
But I have no idea when the exact launch date is or even a rough one.

The Following User Says Thank You to jakiman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 658 | Thanked: 777 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Norway
why is that important?

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????