7. Moon Patrol
8. DonPachi
9. Tiger Heli
10. Zaxxon
11. Bottom of the 9th
12. Bubble Bobble
13. Red Baron
14. Block
15. NFL Blitz 2000...... I am kidding of course on this one (has problems on a quad 4 desk top)

Not playable

1. Pacmania (slow)
2. Donky Kong (slow)

Sorry, some of these are dupes from posts above. I have tested a LOT more than the list here, but need to make a list. Most games load up, and about 70% of the games I tried work without issues. I mainly tried games I thought should work, based on 3430 chipset and memory.

Example would be I did not even bother with NFL Blitz or Ridge Racer

Last edited by Rushmore; 2010-02-01 at 18:59.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rushmore For This Useful Post:
Posts: 119 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Brazil
Flandry,

I am not sure if this was covered on some other thread, but I tried to install it twice (before and after PR1.1 update) and it crashed just after starting.

If there is any post-install configuration or dependency packages before launching it from hildon desktop please let me know. Otherwise, just tell me what information I can gather that could help you fixing the crashes. I will be happy if I can contribute somehow to get SDLMAME working fine on N900, just can't help on developing/compiling since I am not a developer, but have some skills on Unix/Linux.

Posts: 103 | Thanked: 162 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by ivgalvez View Post
Hi to all.

Is it possible to change the dip-switches of games? As it's quite difficult to play with the tiny keyboard, it would be great if we were able to change easily the settings of the game.

In stock MAME, when pressing the ESC key, the GUI shows the possibility to change dip-switches when available.

Thanks in advance.
Yes, that's possible. Go to the main menu (It's backspace on my German key layout, it's also shown when you open MAME). Then go to "Configure General Inputs". Under "User Interface" you can bind a key to the point "Config Menu". Now you can open the config menu with the possibillity to change the dip settings...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sbock For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
Thanks sbock. This is why we need to have a discussion on which controls should be mapped to keys and which aren't really necessary. As i am not all that familiar with MAME myself, i welcome thoughts on the matter.

Originally Posted by russo_br View Post
Flandry,

I am not sure if this was covered on some other thread, but I tried to install it twice (before and after PR1.1 update) and it crashed just after starting.

If there is any post-install configuration or dependency packages before launching it from hildon desktop please let me know. Otherwise, just tell me what information I can gather that could help you fixing the crashes. I will be happy if I can contribute somehow to get SDLMAME working fine on N900, just can't help on developing/compiling since I am not a developer, but have some skills on Unix/Linux.
I wonder if this has something to do with language settings. Hmm no idea really. If you run the start script (/opt/sdlmame-start.sh) from xterm, what does it output?

I really appreciate the feedback from everyone. Since there are multiple people with significant efforts on ROM testing, can i ask you to use the wiki (say, this page) so as to keep a single common list? Add new ROMs in alphabetical order in the right category, and make it bold if you can verify a categorization by a previous tester.

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

Last edited by Flandry; 2010-02-02 at 02:20. Reason: Wiki page created

The Following User Says Thank You to Flandry For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Flandry View Post
I wonder if this has something to do with language settings. Hmm no idea really. If you run the start script (/opt/sdlmame-start.sh) from xterm, what does it output?
Just installed again now by the third time and now is running... since I am at work right now I intend to configure it latter and make some tests with ROMs I had already downloaded, and then post feedback about its performance/usability. Thanks for the help!!

One additional comment, I think that it would helpful to establish a percentage to classify the ROMs as "Playable" or "Problematic", since performance is perceived different by each user, so it is subject to interpretation.

By the way, what is the parameter to set in order to show this percentage? Is it defined on mame.ini or directly in the sdlmame-start.sh script?

Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Originally Posted by sbock View Post
Yes, that's possible. Go to the main menu (It's backspace on my German key layout, it's also shown when you open MAME). Then go to "Configure General Inputs". Under "User Interface" you can bind a key to the point "Config Menu". Now you can open the config menu with the possibillity to change the dip settings...
Thank you very much.

To all dip-switchers: Be sure to also configure the soft-reset key in the same menu, as youl'll need to reset the game for changes to take effect.

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
Originally Posted by russo_br View Post
One additional comment, I think that it would helpful to establish a percentage to classify the ROMs as "Playable" or "Problematic", since performance is perceived different by each user, so it is subject to interpretation.
I gave descriptions in the wiki. If a game seems to play just like the arcade, it's Playable. If the sound or action is distorted or laggy, it's Problematic. If it doesn't work at all or especially if it crashes the app or device, it's Broken. Ideally we would use %, but some games work better with some frameskip than others do, and i don't want to limit testing to those who are willing to check emulation speed %...

By the way, what is the parameter to set in order to show this percentage? Is it defined on mame.ini or directly in the sdlmame-start.sh script?
There's probably a way to see it in-game, but the only way i know of is by running it from the command line and looking at the output when you quit. It will give you a percentage that reflects the actual emulation speed vs. target. It's sometimes possible with -autoframeskip (which is set by default) to get much less than 100% emulation speed and still have a play experience that is not noticeably different than the original.

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

The Following User Says Thank You to Flandry For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Just a suggestion for the wiki: include the name of the ROM (as in broken section) for a better identification of games.

I've added myself a few more games to the wiki with some information about playbility.

Last edited by ivgalvez; 2010-02-03 at 19:35.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Flandry View Post
I gave descriptions in the wiki. If a game seems to play just like the arcade, it's Playable. If the sound or action is distorted or laggy, it's Problematic. If it doesn't work at all or especially if it crashes the app or device, it's Broken.
Ok, thanks. Personally I don't care too much about sound problems since most of the time I play on mute. Maybe you could instruct the contributors to make a small comment in the Problematic section, something like "just sound issues".

Tags
arcade, emulator, game, maemo 5, mame, wip