Posts: 1,103 | Thanked: 368 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ india, indore
Hi,

i have used sygic and its awsome.now i want turn by turn navi. in my own voice. now there are too many app available in repos. marble maps, cloud gps etc.so i am confuse which one is easy to use and can add my voice in it and most important HOW TO add or replace my voice? i tried to change sygic voice but could not succeed.

help please

get your smooth live wallpaper today
My YouTube videos

Posts: 87 | Thanked: 535 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Karlsruhe, Germany
If you use Marble, you can record your own voice and use that. For the recording part, see http://community.kde.org/Marble/VoiceOfMarble (translations and recording subpages). When you're done and have the .ogg files, place them in /home/user/MyDocs/.local/share/marble/audio/speakers/nicholes/ (create this directory on the N900). After starting Marble, click on the routing infobox (four large icons on the bottom) for some seconds and choose "Configure" in the upcoming menu. There you'll be able to choose nicholes as speaker then.
If you succeed, it would be lovely if you could describe the steps at http://userbase.kde.org/Marble/Custo..._Custom_Voices. Thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to earthwings For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,103 | Thanked: 368 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ india, indore
i could try marble but there is a problem in marble map as far as my city is concern . map is not showing narrow lanes and many time even main roads of my city can i use my sygic maps which i have downloaded on device some how or suggest me some idea plz
Attached Images

get your smooth live wallpaper today
My YouTube videos

Tags
change, navigation, replace, voice