Posts: 23 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Reston, VA
I have had my N900 for a little less than a week and until today, everything was working great. Now, when I tap the lower part of my screen it makes a clicking noise and feels loose. Everything else works great, but I am curious if anyone else is having similar problems and/or should I contact Nokia about it?

The Following User Says Thank You to 5tapl3r For This Useful Post:
Posts: 248 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Birmingham
Originally Posted by 5tapl3r View Post
I have had my N900 for a little less than a week and until today, everything was working great. Now, when I tap the lower part of my screen it makes a clicking noise and feels loose. Everything else works great, but I am curious if anyone else is having similar problems and/or should I contact Nokia about it?
Not got the device yet, so sorry can't comment on that.

However, just sounds like the actual screen is loose, if your feeling brave take a look at the video below to have a go fixing it yourself. You probably just need to tighten the screws.

Although I would advise taking it somewhere offical to get it fixed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVEHm325-z8

The Following User Says Thank You to davedickson For This Useful Post:
loose? how hard do u usually tap ur screen

The Following User Says Thank You to thinh For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by thinh View Post
loose? how hard do u usually tap ur screen
not hard at all. it sounds like something is stuck under the lower part of the screen. would opening it up void the warranty?

i have it too. not everywhere but its on the middle to right top side on my device. 2 layers of the screen are or closer to eachother or there is space between em. i think the first.

honestly, i think its ugly and i dont know what to do with it yet, maybe i send it back. But functional problems? no. i intensively tested it and it is not less responsive or not responsive at all. i just try to be gentle. though i certainly do not like it :/

The Following User Says Thank You to Devil For This Useful Post:
I guess you can blame the resistive screen for that.. Why are we still using resistive screens??? Oh that's right, that oh so important stylus....

The Following User Says Thank You to sevla For This Useful Post:
Posts: 600 | Thanked: 742 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ England
Originally Posted by 5tapl3r View Post
Now, when I tap the lower part of my screen it makes a clicking noise and feels loose.
Please just ignore me if I this sounds stupid, but do you have "Settings | Display | Touch Screen Vibration" enabled?

To me, the touch screen vibration feels just like the screen is loose and squeaking.

Regards,
Roger

The Following User Says Thank You to eiffel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Devil View Post
i have it too. not everywhere but its on the middle to right top side on my device. 2 layers of the screen are or closer to eachother or there is space between em. i think the first.

honestly, i think its ugly and i dont know what to do with it yet, maybe i send it back. But functional problems? no. i intensively tested it and it is not less responsive or not responsive at all. i just try to be gentle. though i certainly do not like it :/
exactly how i feel. it doesn't lose any difference, but it feels loose like something crunching under it. almost like sand or salt is under the screen.

To me, the touch screen vibration feels just like the screen is loose and squeaking.
it is still enabled on mine, but it makes the crunching noise on the screen even after it is off.

After your post i have examined it some more and here it seems to be specifically in the middle of the screen, where the screen is easiest to press downwards. which actually makes sense. and its not really a crunch here. more of a click.

The Following User Says Thank You to Devil For This Useful Post:
I had that for a little bit, found out the noise was coming from the back of the screen.
I just took a little screw driver and tightened the screws behind the screen.
seems to be gone for now...keeping my fingers crossed.

edit: nevermind its back errggg.
contemplating whether this ks worth sending in my device to get it "repaired" or just live through it. not happy with it though.

Last edited by ArmandHammer; 2009-12-08 at 03:55.

The Following User Says Thank You to ArmandHammer For This Useful Post: