Active Topics

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
follow this link to flash open mode:
http://forum.nitdroid.com/index.php?topic=90.0

i'll upload the iOS grob after somewhile posting from my phone now.
Ok thanks. I read the thread and it involves flashing which I kind of wanna stay away from. I would really appreciate the IOS grop thoug. Thanks

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
Now all that is needed to simplify the steps is one developer to write a script that starts after every reboot which first copies back the original grob to /usr/bin/ and then replacing it with the modified grob.
Any luck with the ios grop? Thanks

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
can you try this and see if it works: http://db.tt/Id3bSXw6

i havent had the time to try it myself first so pls backup before trying it on

Edit: make sure to rename the file to just "grob" before replacing it using ssh or terminal.

Last edited by thedead1440; 2012-06-23 at 05:00. Reason: typos

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Sorry for bringing up a dated thread but I am experiencing funny behavior while browsing wikipedia using iOS user agent where the site appears to stretch beyond the screen width and of course i wont be a problem if i can pinch to zoom on mobile sites.

just wondering if anyone experiences this, probably due to the iphone resolution is higher and wikipedia was optimised for this or was it just my end that experienced this. Thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to kai_en For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kai_en View Post
Sorry for bringing up a dated thread but I am experiencing funny behavior while browsing wikipedia using iOS user agent where the site appears to stretch beyond the screen width and of course i wont be a problem if i can pinch to zoom on mobile sites.

just wondering if anyone experiences this, probably due to the iphone resolution is higher and wikipedia was optimised for this or was it just my end that experienced this. Thanks
Yup this is an issue using wikipedia...Use the desktop site and then pinch to zoom or use wiki app for the n9...

thanks for reminding me to use desktop site.

The Following User Says Thank You to kai_en For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Still no nice way to change user agent on closed PR1.3 device, is there...?

Just tried to change UA on my wife's N9 which is not in open mode, and I ran into no end of trouble... got the device locked up but of course that is no problem to fix.. anyway the grob changing is a no-no-solution, imagine if you have to boot the device for some reason while on the road and it ends up locked again

There would be hell to pay, literally!

Posts: 426 | Thanked: 374 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Middle East
@juiceme try tweak M on N9QuickTweak's latest version.

Easier, but still requires inception or open mode

Portfolio: AKstudios : : graphics with attitude.
Flickr: AKstudios
Twitter: @flopjoke

The Following User Says Thank You to flopjoke For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Will it work in a reboot, not MALFfing the device?
How is it implemented, does it refhashlist the grob file or copy original back for boot?

Anyway, I found a solution of sorts, I installed fennec in her device and told to use that for problematic sites.

Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Will it work in a reboot, not MALFfing the device?
How is it implemented, does it refhashlist the grob file or copy original back for boot?

Anyway, I found a solution of sorts, I installed fennec in her device and told to use that for problematic sites.
juiceme,

refhashlist as you know contains the shasum's of many system files including grob...N9QTweak using inception for normal mode users simply uses a script called refhashlist.pl to sign the refhashlist with the new shasum of the modified grob so no MALF as long as you wait for the tweak to finish its process; it can take upto 5 minutes for the signing to complete...

Once refhashlist is signed the changes stick till you flash the device...The tweak in N9QTweak is actually from this thread so you can refer to the thread for further info too

Fennec in all honesty is very slow and a changed UA at least guarantees a better mobile browser experience in the stock browser

Btw if you use a changed UA try iOS instead of Android as iOS allows YouTube playback

Last edited by thedead1440; 2012-12-04 at 06:18.

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post: