Help I have installed Debian with easy-debian lxde on my Nokia N810. I have tried to run a file through roxterm. First when I tried to run it it said permission denied. So now I typed in "su" and it asked me for the password. When I try to type the password nothing types. I even used the virtual keyboard. When I type "passwd" it asked me to make a new password. I try to type using the keyboard and virtual keyboard and nothing types. So I try to load the program again with the command "media/mmc2/smc" but the only problem this time is when I hold "FN" on my nokia and "H" to make "/" it only shows as h. So now I try to use the virtual keyboard. One of the virtual keyboards keeps on pressing the same key and wont stop. The other one is so big it takes up half the screen and when I try to resize it, it keeps on resizing to big and small then big then small until I closed it. The only thing I changed on the debian image is the background image. Plus I may have used the internet browser sometimes. PLEASE HELP!

The Following User Says Thank You to Empire For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
The passwords should be set to the same as the passwords in Maemo. If you don't have your Maemo passwords set, install SSH and it will set them for you.

If you need root access, use the Debian Chroot icon in Maemo, or "sudo su - " in an LXDE terminal should work without a password.

The Following User Says Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
I used the Debian Chroot and it still gave me a permission denied.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
You probably need to uninstall Easy Chroot and Easy Debian and re-install them.

Every so often, someone gets this problem where they can't get root access after installing Easy Debian. Every time, a re-install fixes the problem.

You don't need to re-download the big image file again... Just go to application manager and uninstall easy-chroot and easy-deb-chroot and then re-install them.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Alright thanks! Im going to try that later (My doctor said a test with not going on any electronis for over 10 minuetes each day for a week to see if it would cure my morning daily headaces.) and bump this up again to report the results.