Posts: 226 | Thanked: 270 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Bosnia and Herzegovina
Hello,

I have accidently deleted cpufrequist file from /etc/event.d folder. Now phone won't boot, stuck on 5 dots.

Since I have this file cpufrequist on my computer, is there any way I can put this file back? Maybe using flasher or something?

Thank you!

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
just try to follow flashing guide and see if you can reflash, i hope you have backup. And ffs how can you accidently delete it? It reminds me joke:
— Why you in preson?
— It was accident, he just felt on my knife... =\
— How many time?
—20

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ZogG For This Useful Post:
hehehe..well, there was lots of files left from applications that I uninstalled a long time ago...and accidently deleted this file, just once

I can reflash it and I have backup, but i would really like to avoid it.

I just need to put this little file back. Trough NitDroid I have access to /home directory, but no /etc/event.d.

I hope there is some way to do it using flasher, since there are lots of options like:
--flash-only=ARG Flash only certain components
--flash-only options:
nolo, kernel, initfs, rootfs

Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
do you have uboot installed? if yes, you may try to run rescue os from sd and place that file back... if not, you may try to boot rescue kernel using flasher, you need to use linux for it and you will be able to access root filesystem via usb (i can't find instructions for it now, but it was somewhere in TMO, u-boot option would be much easier...)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to misiak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
misiak beat me to it. Rescue initrd to the erm rescue!

http://wiki.meego.com/ARM/N900/Using_Rescue_Initrd

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrsellout For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mrsellout View Post
misiak beat me to it. Rescue initrd to the erm rescue!

http://wiki.meego.com/ARM/N900/Using_Rescue_Initrd
It's on meego.com, not maemo.org - that explains why i couldn't find it easily here, I'll try to remember that, thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to misiak For This Useful Post:
Thank you guys,

but no U-boot and no linux. Going for only-rootfs flashing...hope that will help. I'll post results.

Thanks

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
No you load the rescue initrd using flasher, and then you can access the devices filesystem, and a reboot will load the original kernel. You won't lose any data. You should be able to use flasher in windows, if not download a ubuntu livecd and do it off that.

The Following User Says Thank You to mrsellout For This Useful Post:
ok..i'll try it. thanks

Originally Posted by mrsellout View Post
No you load the rescue initrd using flasher, and then you can access the devices filesystem, and a reboot will load the original kernel. You won't lose any data. You should be able to use flasher in windows, if not download a ubuntu livecd and do it off that.
He will be able to load rescue initrd, but he won't be able to access linux-formatted partitions (ext3) using Windows, that's why I recommended using Linux. Ubuntu live cd works great for it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to misiak For This Useful Post: