Poll: Did you order a Jolla tablet?
Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
Anyway, Jolla probably had access to fully working Android drivers for N9, however they most likely didn't have the permission to release them.
AFAIK at that point there was no libhybris and Sailfish OS was supposed to be used with native drivers. They got them for NovaThor SoC but after NovaThor was deepsixed, libhybris was developed to allow the use of standard Android HW without the fuss of fighting the windmills to get native drivers from suppliers.

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
A community port?

Anyway, Jolla probably had access to fully working Android drivers for N9, however they most likely didn't have the permission to release them.
Jolla didn't. Hands were tied with even the MeeGo adaptation; non-commercial terms in license.

I've always wondered what the overhead from libhybris was.

Originally Posted by r0kk3rz View Post
As a webshopper, I wondered if this was going to be the case for that very reason, but it seems to be that the IGG backers are getting first preference and the only way to get a refund is to invoke a PayPal dispute.

Which is a fairly poor effort by Jolla really, I shouldn't have to go begging for a refund or have PayPal strong arm them if they have no intention of delivering what I had pre-ordered. I'm curious as to what the compensation is going to be but at the same time I pre-ordered a Sailfish Tablet not an Intex Phone or whatever else they may offer.
Looks like Webshoppers can ask for a refund through Zendesk without any problems, so if you pre-ordered through the webshop and want your money back, this seems to be the easiest way of doing it.

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
I think "gilding" is the current spelling...
Hmm. I think juiceme meant "turning to gold" (from "memory is golden") as opposed to "covering with gold leaf"

Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
Originally Posted by jellyroll View Post
The nokia 3310 is a very solid device. I still remember two females throwing copies at each other during a party back in 2001.
can you explain the base concept of the picture link provided in accordance to the lines avove it
ps : i am not trying to deral this thread.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by strongm View Post
IGG is a donation crowdsourcing site. I don't know what you think you are reading that says any different.
Read Terms of Use on IGG website under Dispute between Campaign owner and Contributor...

Posts: 3,139 | Thanked: 8,156 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ From my Gabriola Island hermitage, near the Edge of the World
hummmmm...
I'm just guessin' here prometh...
(you don't mind me calling you prometh I hope...since your full name is a mouthful...(try saying it 3x fast)....I know prometh sounds like you advocate heavy-naughty substances..but I just can't shorten it more and call you "pro"...)

Buuuuttt...
I dunno...man...
I'm just gettin' this...
feely-kinda-vibe ....
that you want ...
your money back ...
or sumthin'......

Owner of :
1-n770 (in retirement), 3-n800's / 3-n810's (still in daily use), 5-n900's ((3 are flawless, 1 loose usb ( parts), 1 has no telephony (parts))
3-nexus 5's : 1 w/ Floko Pie 9.1 (running beautifully) waiting for Stable Droid 10 rom, 1 w/ ̶Ubuntu Touch, 1 with Maru OS (intend maemo leste when ready)

1/2 - neo900 pre- "purchased" in 2013. N̶o̶w̶ ̶A̶w̶a̶i̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶r̶e̶f̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶c̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶l̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶f̶e̶w̶ ̶y̶e̶a̶r̶s̶ - neo900 start up declared officially dead -
Lost invested funds.

PIMP MY N8X0 (Idiot's Guide and a video walkthrough)http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94294
THE LOST GRONMAYER CATALOGShttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ight=gronmayer
N8X0 VIDEO ENCODING THE EASY WAYhttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ght=mediacoder
242gb ON N800http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=90634
THE PAIN-FREE MAEMO DEVELOPMENT LIVE DISTRO-ISO FOR THE NOOB TO THE PROhttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=95567
AFFORDABLE MASS PRODUCTION FOR MAEMO PARTShttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=93325

Meateo balloons now available @ Dave999's Meateo Emporium

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by endsormeans View Post
(you don't mind me calling you prometh I hope...since your full name is a mouthful...(try saying it 3x fast)....I know prometh sounds like you advocate heavy-naughty substances..but I just can't shorten it more and call you "pro"...)
How about... prom?

(Though I do not find his full name nearly as much of a mouthful as endsormeans )

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by endsormeans View Post
hummmmm...
I'm just guessin' here prometh...

Buuuuttt...
I dunno...man...
I'm just gettin' this...
feely-kinda-vibe ....
that you want ...
your money back ...
or sumthin'......
Prometh...??? Hmmm... That reminds me... I've got to pick up a couple packs of Sudafed...

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund