Notices

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by king Ralphred View Post
I noticed the sky+ keysets are missing from the latest version.
I don't think there missing. There just not in the Compatible device list.
Choose "Select Keyset by Name" not "Select Keyset by Device" the two Sky Keysets are there.
If you have a Sky Box that works add the make and model to the Compatibility List or post them here and I'll add them.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Posts: 310 | Thanked: 202 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Ireland
Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
I don't think there missing. There just not in the Compatible device list.
Choose "Select Keyset by Name" not "Select Keyset by Device" the two Sky Keysets are there.
If you have a Sky Box that works add the make and model to the Compatibility List or post them here and I'll add them.
Having a dim moment. How do I get "select keyset bey name". All I can find is select keyset with make and device.

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Latest version of Devel 1.1.0 has this option.
If you don't have 1.1.0 manually scroll down the list on Any/Any.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

Posts: 310 | Thanked: 202 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Ireland
Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
Latest version of Devel 1.1.0 has this option.
If you don't have 1.1.0 manually scroll down the list on Any/Any.
I think Copurnicus said that the latest update only had keysets from the compatability list. I'm purging and installing via xterm with reboots after each process. Would this install the version from devel or extras? And if devel, would disabling devel give me the version from extras. Why am I even asking. Will try it now.

Cool. It worked. I like the mute button on the main screen for adverts aswell.

Last edited by king Ralphred; 2012-03-02 at 01:33.

The Following User Says Thank You to king Ralphred For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by king Ralphred View Post
I think Copurnicus said that the latest update only had keysets from the compatability list.
Sorry! That "sort by device" was way too confusing. The list of compatible devices in Pierogi is simply the list of machines known to work, not the actual set of machines that do work.

The truth is I have no idea what machines do and do not work with the keysets I've got. But I'm going to continue to enter every last code I can find into Pierogi. My ultimate goal is to let my N900 control every device on Earth that has an infrared port.

(And yeah, I'll be getting back to sorting out the problems with Sky pretty soon...)

The Following User Says Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 288 | Thanked: 175 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
Can I suggest that the program, based on the IR codes choosen by user, simply auto-select the appropriate tabs that get displayed? That way only relevant panels get shown. If you get what I mean.

The Following User Says Thank You to ajack For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ajack View Post
Can I suggest that the program, based on the IR codes choosen by user, simply auto-select the appropriate tabs that get displayed? That way only relevant panels get shown. If you get what I mean.
Yes, I would love to do that! (I only created a way to select and remove panels a few days ago, so I really haven't put much thought into how to use the system. But at the very least, it would make sense to, say, enable the A/C panel when using an A/C keyset.)

But still, the driving concept behind Pierogi is that of the universal remote; I'd like to have a minimal number of panels that can usefully control the maximum number of devices...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 650 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Ghent, Belgium
Now that my collection of controllable devices is growing, I have an idea: the center shows the current keyset, why not cycle between the favorites when tapping this area?

And got another device request: QNAP NMP-1000(P) media player. Did some searching for you to make life easier:

this thread contains a table:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/vi...9c3ab4fc9acddf

I also found this map (attached)
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to petur For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by petur View Post
the center shows the current keyset, why not cycle between the favorites when tapping this area?
Ah, this idea came up before, and I thought about it. But I kind of prefer leaving that area as a fixed space. Instead, I mapped the volume-rocker keys on the side of the N900 to the favorites list -- not only can you cycle backwards and forwards through the list using them, you can do so on any panel, not just the main panel.

And got another device request: QNAP NMP-1000(P) media player. Did some searching for you to make life easier:
Cool, thanks! Looks like it is using the very popular "NEC" protocol, I'll give it a shot...

Posts: 81 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Romania
are u able to introduce the remotes for some tv-tuners?
i personally have a compro.
also a genius remote to my sistem sound ( 4 buttons ) - http://lirc.sourceforge.net/remotes/genius/SW_5_1_HT.

i was busy a wile, and after few dais i see u changed the top part ( nicer and easyer ).

Tags
infrared, pasta, remote, remote control