Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
Today I encountered missing e-mail message without a thread view enabled. It is in my GMail inbox, I can see it in webmail, but not in N9's client. Tried turning on/off threaded view - nothing changes.

Not sure this is the place to ask but here goes anyway. How to I use terminal to change the password for one of my email accounts? I have had to change all my email account passwords as I recently had one broken into and I have changed them to highly complex passwords that are all one hundred characters long so typing them out by hand is highly error prone.

I have tried copying and pasting them from a text file but the character string flow keeps getting broken so it never copies correctly.

My last chance is that I can use putty to ssh into my phone and edit the file that contains my store password for my email accounts.

Thanks

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London
Hi everybody, first time back here since getting my n9! I went from N900 to Lumia, boy what a mistake that was so now I'm back.
I would like to know if there is a way of keeping exchange contacts separate from from your main contacts? On Windows Phone you can hide them and they only show if you search, and on iPhone you can have two separate contact lists. Can anything similar be done on the N9 so all my work contact do not hog my phone book?
Secondly is there a mod for the security pin request when you have exchange setup so that it can be set to longer longer than 5 minutes or turned off completely?

Originally Posted by bret hart View Post
Secondly is there a mod for the security pin request when you have exchange setup so that it can be set to longer longer than 5 minutes or turned off completely?
Tick the box in its setting that says "non-provisionable device" is probably that option you are after.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BW~Merlin For This Useful Post:
I still have problems syncing with our exchange 2007 server after installing firmware 1.2.
I always get a red arrow on the top of the screen. The logs from my device are attached. I also attached the request and answers from the exchange server.
It would be great if someone from nokia could have a look at it?
Attached Files
File Type: zip logs.zip (115.2 KB, 74 views)
File Type: txt requests.txt (1.4 KB, 114 views)

Last edited by alex25; 2012-04-10 at 14:18.

I cannot add any accounts to my n9
It's a white n9 made in finland
PR 1.2 (30.2012.07-1_pr_001)

Tried adding Nokia account, they say service unavailable
Tried adding google account, it refuses to do the transfer. Transfer failed.
Tried adding Youtube account, it gets stuck trying to verify my credentials
Same with dropbox
Restart doesn't fix problem...I'm not happy :'(

edit:
I managed to get facebook and twitter added, after repeated attempts, I guess it was being temperamental. I still have issues syncing my google account via exchange though. The download just refuses to start...not sure what's up with that

Last edited by hotnikkelz; 2012-04-10 at 23:56.

Originally Posted by Sergey_Kashin View Post

Perhaps you caught a problem with exchange server that I described few lines above? Can you get the logs?

Just one doubt. Did as-daemon crash before you deleted the account? Well, in theory you might delete all calendars, then re-sync all of them... but let me think a bit more, probably there is something else can be done to fix those calendars. Btw, are you sure that it is "old" calendars and not a new one but with the same names and colors?
Apologies to not getting back sooner, swamped by work. Thanks for advice.
On the end I decided to reflash, this rectified the problem.
It wasn't (probably) bug described as events did not synced even when manually triggering "Sync calendars" from the menu within Calendar app. Even after all exchange accounts were deleted from N9, still there was one calendar called Exchange and I didn't found a way to delete it.

In unrelated topic, I would like to report one bug and one (minor) feature request for the remote search in the global directories. The search reports "no contacts found" when data connection is not already on, i.e it did not initiate connections on its own. Also, "allow connection in background" has to be ON in order to use this feature.
As per feature request, it would be nice if the search could be initiated from withing Telephone app, or from email to: and cc: fields. Currently it only works from within Contact app.

Someone please help me!!!

I bought this phone 3 days ago and it works fine, the only problem is that I don't get notifications for new e-mail ever!

I have my e-mail in "other e-mail account" it is with live.com.mx, it just never notifies me about e-mail, I have to go to "mail" and refresh it to look at my new mails, please help me!

I already deleted the account and added it again, I did reset the system and nothing!

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
set up your account with exchange instead if you want push email. If a ten minute interval is ok for you, change it under sync settings of the mail account you have already set-up using other mail account.

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
set up your account with exchange instead if you want push email. If a ten minute interval is ok for you, change it under sync settings of the mail account you have already set-up using other mail account.
Duh!

I couldn't set up the account in MFE, but I just found out what I was doing wrong, now in MFE I can have it "always up to date"

lol Thanks man

Tags
attachments, email, issues, mail exchange, nokia n9, nokia n950