Hello i have installed the SDK and now i would create an application that work in portrait mode, now i would know... how switch in portrait mode? when i create a button or a label it is automatically in landscape what i must change for create an apps in portrait?
Thanks.

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by vitna91 View Post
Hello i have installed the SDK and now i would create an application that work in portrait mode, now i would know... how switch in portrait mode? when i create a button or a label it is automatically in landscape what i must change for create an apps in portrait?
Thanks.
There isn't a way to do it since portrait mode just isn't used in Maemo 5 aside from one or two apps.

but the tutorial say that the portrait mode can be used!

Posts: 631 | Thanked: 1,123 times | Joined on Sep 2005 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by zerojay View Post
There isn't a way to do it since portrait mode just isn't used in Maemo 5 aside from one or two apps.
? Umm, what are you talking about?

http://wiki.maemo.org/Using_Fremantl...#Portrait_Mode

There are instructions for developing for portrait mode, and testing for portrait mode with the SDK.

Please don't confuse yourself between what is currently done with the Maemo 5 apps and what can be developed.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ragnar For This Useful Post:
Device Orientation

Hildon is optimized for full functionality with Landscape screen orientation. Although both orientations are supported, some framework level functionalities such as the status bar, are not available in Portrait mode.

The switch between orientation modes can be done by the Hildon framework transparently for the application developer. The only relevant decisions for application developers are whether to request the portrait orientation mode and which interface elements to use on it.

Portrait mode is intended for simplified, one-handed use. Functionality may, and should, be limited in this orientation. For example, a Now Playing message for a media application, a read view for a PDF reading application, or simplified call handle controls.
by http://wiki.maemo.org/Documentation/...ce_Orientation

thanks ragnar

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by ragnar View Post
? Umm, what are you talking about?

http://wiki.maemo.org/Using_Fremantl...#Portrait_Mode

There are instructions for developing for portrait mode, and testing for portrait mode with the SDK.

Please don't confuse yourself between what is currently done with the Maemo 5 apps and what can be developed.
Thanks, I hadn't seen that before even though I had already gone through the Maemo 5 developer guide.