Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
I suggest using flashtool, it will create the file for you.
It may need modifications, but probably the best starting point.
Heh, that error comes from the Flashtool

I guess I need to run xperiafrm.exe to get a proper SW package instead of downloading from random sites off da net.
I already tried that with mono but was behind the company firewall and it did not work. Have to try it from home...

Posts: 370 | Thanked: 443 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Italy
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
I guess I need to run xperiafrm.exe to get a proper SW package instead of downloading from random sites off da net.
^ this

worst case I still have the above ITA image to share, do not know if it's legal and how to do it, though

Last edited by jurop88; 2017-09-21 at 17:47. Reason: wrong quote

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jurop88 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by jayki View Post
For me it works with installed "mono" Package, which can run the .exe. Don't know how to install Mono on other Distributions but in Archlinux it was just installing the mono package
In debian/ubuntu-like distros you install wine with this command:

sudo apt-get install wine

Then run the .exe by typing:

wine XperiFirm.exe

Update: In order to use the tool you need .Net 4.0 installed as well. After installing wine install .Net with the following command:

winetricks dotnet40

Last edited by joschobart; 2017-09-21 at 18:50. Reason: found out about dependency to .Net 4.0

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joschobart For This Useful Post:
Heh, that error comes from the Flashtool

I already tried that with mono but was behind the company firewall and it did not work. Have to try it from home...
The ftf file that you downloaded have already been processed by flashtool (flashtool generates that file)
You will need to download a firmware with xperifirm, which flashtool will process, creating a directory in flashtool folder with all the files it uses to create the ftf file.
Among them the flash file script.
Also, you should update flashtool (it’s a single jar file that you just replace in flashtool folder).
Short: The script is used to generate the ftf file (from my Xperia team days memory when I cracked the Play boot loader)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nieldk For This Useful Post:
When I tried to use files that I downloaded using XperiFirm and created the ftf file from the files in downloaded folder (Tools > Bundles > Create) (did not use files cust-reset.ta and fota-reset.ta) I got about the same error as juiceme. Maybe I just made some error in creating the ftf file.

Code:
21/035/2017 21:35:41 - INFO  - No flash script found.
21/035/2017 21:35:41 - INFO  - Flash script is mandatory. Closing session
When I used ftf file that I directly downloaded for example from http://www.gsm-file.com/
(for F5121:
F5121_34.0.A.2.301_R8A_Nordic Generic_1302-3140.ftf

for F5122:
F5122_34.0.A.2.301_R9A_Hong Kong Generic_1302-5683.ftf,
later noticed, that also
F5122_34.0.A.1.277_Central Europe_1302-5672_R3A.ftf
was available)

I managed to flash the phones without any problems, assuming that USERDATA was ticked in wipe option in flashtool Firmware Selector.

I did this all in Windows 10, however, I did not manage to follow Windows instructions to backup DRM partitions, I had to do that in Linux :-)

Last edited by Heik; 2017-09-22 at 05:46.

The Following User Says Thank You to Heik For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Well, managed to run XperiFirm.exe by running it in mono.

When I select Xperia X / F5121 it gives a bunch of downloads, but seems there are only latest versions available.
How do I know which android version they are?

I tested by selecting bundled nordic version, and downloaded it; however instead of a single *.ftf file, there are tens of files of type *.sin
Can I perform a flashing with these, or do I need to somehow bundle these to a *ftf first?

Throw away XperiFirm.
Flash this fw (F5121/5122 - doesn't matter)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/tmovri..._1302-4771.ftf

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lantern For This Useful Post:
Well, managed to run XperiFirm.exe by running it in mono.

When I select Xperia X / F5121 it gives a bunch of downloads, but seems there are only latest versions available.
How do I know which android version they are?

I tested by selecting bundled nordic version, and downloaded it; however instead of a single *.ftf file, there are tens of files of type *.sin
Can I perform a flashing with these, or do I need to somehow bundle these to a *ftf first?
flashtool will bundle them to an ftf file when you choose flash.
For Android 6.0.1, you can download 'storefront' version from Xperifirm (version 34.0.A.1.264)
Attached Images

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nieldk For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by lantern View Post
Throw away XperiFirm.
Flash this fw (F5121/5122 - doesn't matter)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/tmovri..._1302-4771.ftf
Thanks, I'll try that.
(altough I am sceptical, why would one image behave differently than another...)

Oh, downloading time 1h45min...

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
flashtool will bundle them to an ftf file when you choose flash.
Well, this is one of the reasons I hate GUI tools like this.
For a CLI tool one can give exact information how to use, a string of characters to use on a terminal.
For a GUI tool one can only give vague advice on what should be done and clicked...

For example, how to "flashtool will bundle them" for example; when I push the "flash" button and navigate to a directory where I have a *.ftf file, it will open a tree view of the SW and allow me to start flashing.
If I navigate to the directory where I have this bundle of *sin's I got no such thing and the "flash" button stays grayed out.

For the life of me I cannot understand why people would want to create utilities like these when it is bloody obvious a CLI tool would be much easier???

For Android 6.0.1, you can download 'storefront' version from Xperifirm (version 34.0.A.1.264)
OK, I'll try to download that.

Last edited by juiceme; 2017-09-22 at 11:15. Reason: fixed quote

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:

Tags
bootloader, xperia ☓