Active Topics

Closed Thread
Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
HiFo bought this place (including Maemo(TM)) as soon as we meet certain criteria not yet to be disclosed to general public (the contract must not be disclosed). But that does not really matter. Point of sale here is that HiFo will be dissolved and transfer all its assets to Maemo Community e.V. , a registered at court German association which is by design (law) for exactly this matter, a group of people need an entity for liability reason (to bypass the system by handling funds from a private bank account is tax fraud and/or money laundering, for example).
So it was discussed what to choose for our future, as the assets (servers, origin of Maemo) are hosted in Europe the e.V. idea went live - there are some other options like an European Association... a trust like joerg asks for is usually (for cases like ours) managed by a so called Trägerverein another association commonly an e.V. (registered association) too. So a trust needs a trustee, if you do not want to pay a commercial service you make an e.V. trustee -> joerg's idea is that way clustering the situation... we do not want to separate things, we want to make it "one" (garage accounts are included in the MCeV bylaws, its rights can be extended if need be)

For the Maemo Community e.V. webpage, we are waiting for techstaff to grant access or set it up. The frontpages from maemo.org need to be updated anyway so we thought the best place for it would be within "Community", the registration form is ready (last weak) but not published yet. Within that page you will find all information about the MCeV in the future.

As this discussion is going nowhere I suggested a referendum already.

Current design: Council is an institution of the MCeV, garage accounts vote for it
Option 1: Council is not an institution of the MCeV, garage accounts vote for it, no more direct access to MCeV -> people will need to join the MCeV if they want to have voting rights. Council would become a spokesman only (again).
Option 2: we close the Council, people who want to have a voting right need to join MCeV
Option 3: we close the Council and have all garage accounts join MCeV (this is the most stupid idea ever - coders who just want to add content and have no interest in politics or behind the curtains tasks would be forced -> this would also mean that we have to make garage accounts be validated, all of them)

Joerg, stop calling people liar on semantics, technically you did serve backup-services to the maemo infra as the actual party doing it (or you said is doing it) wanted to stay anonymous (you asked for money to be paid to you, so you are the contractor). If you want to fight over the details again find someone who does not know the truth, it is much easier for you to have a false stand if the other party does not know the truth. For the passage I deleted, I deleted it minutes after I posted it as I recognized what you were on about and I do not want to discuss that here.

Last edited by chemist; 2014-10-02 at 09:25.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to chemist For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
How do the council take decisions when dissagree...ing?
By voting - not that Council have any decisive power, BTW. Board also votes, if no consensus can be made.

Anyway, both in Board and in Council the situation is clear - everyone except joerg is +1 to what board is doing - if he won't get kicked from Council before, due to his constant attempts to break rules and overall, "living in another dimension" of reality.

This or other way, results are clear. Which means that 2/3 of this 15-pages discussion is a moot topic

The REAL question is - who think that he can gain something (supporters, ego-boost, whatever...) in the chaos? Mark. Who is jumping, shouting, and shaking hands, despite fact that he KNOW thing will be decided the other way, anyway - just to create more chaos? Mark. Who preys on people that haven't read bylaws/rules, don't have a clue about legal requirements, and just want to have infrastructure to continue their projects on - prey by feeding them ******** in super-long posts, IRC talks, etc, counting on their lack of understanding of the matter and failing to follow 30-pages long threads? Mark.

I think it pretty much sums up what is the ONLY real problem here, and why. Either that, or he is just completely insane, and don't have ANY agenda, at all (I would say 50%/50% probabilities).

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
being called without a brain, and trying to fight Joerg on a personal level is an insult from a member I used to respect.

This again has turned into something I very much dislike, and I cant be part of this anymore.

I will mail now techstaff and have a request to have all my information posts and account deleted.

I have already mailed eV board and council members that Iam no longer part of this.

But being insulted like that in mails on mailing list, i cannot tolerate.

Bye
Niel

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
By voting - not that Council have any decisive power, BTW. Board also votes, if no consensus can be made.

/Estel
I so wished you would have skipped the rest

Why push it. Its make no sense if you are on the "winning side".

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
just to ensure that there is a record for my request
Attached Images

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
So sad, so very sad...

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 400 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Geneva - CH
Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
just to ensure that there is a record for my request
Well, you could stay as a regular member, this community needs you.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Jordi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by Jordi View Post
Well, you could stay as a regular member, this community needs you.
Quick reply...
+1. Come by, from time to time, and help. If you want to, create new account with different name, after the old one is deleted. Or stay with old one
You want revenge? The best revenge is living well. Do not let one political thread kill this part of your life.
You fixed shellshock
Wont have to wait long

Edit: https://openrepos.net/content/nieldk/bash

patchlevel 25, which fixes #shellschock

source (and binaries)
https://build.merproject.org/package...elnielsen/bash
You help with SailfishOS problems

Can you enter recovery ?

https://together.jolla.com/question/...-in-boot-loop/

If so, do a factory reset from there, and update device afterwardd.
A full dd of mmcblk0p28 is ~16Gb a bit much for uploading somewhere.

for a system flashable image. It should become far smaller as a dd is not needed, but should be created from filesystem. Not including blank - not used space
perhaps, while we wait, this will be good

https://openrepos.net/content/nieldk/clamav
Originally Posted by Wikiwide View Post
Sometimes I wish to put chemist, Estel, freemangordon, joerg_rw, Win7Mac, woody14619 into one closed room, so that they would not be able to exit it until they finished figuring out who said what, why, and what is true and what is false, and justifications for saying this and that.
Guy, you must really like a bloody mess to happen
And who will help to get all these people to attend a conference? If reasonable members start leaving maemo.org?

Best wishes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Per aspera ad astra...

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 664 | Thanked: 1,648 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Hamburg
Answer PART I:

Originally Posted by chainsawbike View Post
The electorate vote for the Representatives that they believe hold their views of what is in the best interests of the community*, that is what election campaigns and voting are all about. this system is used because it is simply not practical to hold a referendum for every little thing, instead you choose a representative to "represent your views"
Originally Posted by joerg_rw View Post
No, this is _not_ and never been a representative democracy...
On a second thought there's basically nothing to decide at all, usually.
This is contrary to former statements where you defined CC as community-proxy. I'm not asking for an answer I can estimate from joergs side already, rather draw readers attention to the fact that he is twisting and bending words and evidences to his liking.

Originally Posted by joerg_rw View Post
(on the role of CC On a second thought there's basically nothing to decide at all, usually.
So you are NOW honestly telling us that the whole discussion is quite moot since CC doesn't really decide on fundamental community-relevant topics? - What's the point in this battle then and is it REALLY worth it?

Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
again - unless these orders are illegal. Why is that not sufficient to cover BoD's asses?
By common sense, would you advise others to rely on other peoples' competence to consider if their very own action is legal or not? It basically would be up to CCs' discretion to decide about BoD's asses' fate... not advisable.

GA are ordinary members of e.V., right? And do they need to disclose their full names, to join e.V.? Do they need to pay membership fee aka Mitgliedsbeitrag?
Right, GA are ordinary members of e.V.
Yes, they need to disclose their full names, to join.
Membership fee may be introduced by changing general regulations (which is much easier than changing bylaws which needs court approval).

Community members are not forced to be members of e.V. They can be registered on maemo.org without joining e.V. Right?
sure

And there are other websites, such as my-maemo.com. Further splitting is not exactly helping
Absolutely. Nevertheless,we have a councilor in place that does exactly that. Intolerable IMHO.

Thinking about it, maybe such "chaos" where no one gets what it's all about, is what your (former, I hope) "Councilor" colleague is hoping for... (and having time for all this nonsense, waaaaay too much spare time, as it seems) can grab power/support of others.
Exactly my thoughts.
IMHO pushing around other community members, putting such an amount of energy in taking such an offensive position towards anything done so far in all attempts to establish a sane and transparent self-organisation must have a doubtful motivation behind it (hint: Woodys' posts being invaluable to understand that)!
Current Maemo Community Council member

Last edited by Win7Mac; 2014-10-05 at 14:55.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Win7Mac For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
The whole battle is not worth it. HiFo board decided to handover assets to e.V., HiFo board is doing that, Community cannot change that. At most, Community could try to say that HiFo board has no right to do that; but it would not improve efficiency of HiFo board. You can force a horse to stay near a river; you cannot force the horse to drink water from it. What difference does it make to Community whether legal entity is based in U.S. or in Germany? The whole Earth is going in one direction, with global warming, police states, and such.

Referendum is welcome. Web page for joining e.V. is welcome. Some people will not like disclosing their full names, on principle, or because of some serious reason. GA will be a subset of maemo.org members, as expected. What exactly is required to change general regulations (standing orders?)?

Splitting is not intolerable. It is uncomfortable, sure. But no more intolerable than Scotland separating from UK.

"Chaos" is not something I dislike. And even this whole thread will not stop me (and many others) from respecting those who took part in it, for the hard work they are doing. "Respect" and "like" are different words. Spontaneous personal attacks shown in this thread are akin to trolling: unpleasant and contagious.

Best wishes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Per aspera ad astra...

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
discussion, legal body