The only bad thing about this device is Windows on it but this can be fixed from the Zaurus community.

This is real competition for Nokia. Impressive unit.

Posts: 84 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Apr 2006 @ California
Dual High-speed Data Communications: HSDPA and Wireless LAN
EM・ ONE supports EMOBILE's HSDPA communications service with a maximum downlink speed of 3.6Mbps*1. In addition, EM・ONE has the built-in IEEE802.11b/g compliant wireless LAN feature.
EM・ONE has built-in Bluetooth, which allows wireless connection with other EM・ONE or Bluetooth compliant peripheral devices (such as keyboards) *7 within its 10m range.

Synchronization
EM・ONE allows users to synchronize their data with PCs by using the ActiveSync feature. Moreover, EM・ONE can simultaneously synchronize with PC and charge its battery pack, by using an optional cradle.*8

Presentation
EM・ONE displays presentations on a big screen, by connecting to an LCD projector using an (optional) RGB adapter.

Model Name
EM・ONE

OS
MicrosoftWindows Mobile5.0 Software for Pocket PC Japanese version.

CPU
MarvellPXA270 520 MHz

Graphic Chip
NVIDIAGoForceTM5500

Memory
Flash Memory 512MB/SDRAM 128MB

Screen
800 X 480 dot 4.1 inch 65,536 colors ASV LCD (with backlight)

Communications
HSDPA, IEEE802.11b/g, Bluetooth 1.2

Camera
Approx. 1.31 mega pixel (effective pixels)

Audio
Internal Speaker (Stereo), Mic

Connections
miniUSB port (host function compliant), cradle port, RGB adapter port, headphone jack (flat), AC Adapter port

Memory Card Slot
miniSDTM

Dimensions
Approx. 140(W) X 70(H) X 18.9(D)

Weight
Approx. 250g (with battery pack and stylus pen)

Usage Time
Approx. 4 hours

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Both the Sharp and N800 have 3D acceleration hardware. Unlike Nokia, Sharp wiill probably use it.

From a hardware perspective there isn't much in it - I prefer the more up to date N800 CPU to that of the Sharp, and built-in HSDPA is nice but of no real value if it means I need a second mobile contract in addition to my regular phone.

Used correctly the nVidia 3D hardware could put the N800 to shame - Nokia realy need to get their act together and support the unused N800 hardware. And add PIM.

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
[Matt_Damon_voice_from_TeamAmericaWorldPolice]

"Yeah! PIM!"

[/Matt_Damon_voice_from_TeamAmericaWorldPolice]

Posts: 53 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on May 2006 @ Nottingham UK
Looks very interesting indeed.

One oddity. I didn't think windows mobile 5 supported that resolution. I know wm6 can as demonstrated in th new toshiba pda phone.

It is about time we saw more 800 pixel wide devices.
es.
es.