Posts: 528 | Thanked: 345 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ MLB.AU
Oh fm transmiter's sweet!!
Mp3s over fm rocks!

i've ever see winmo with n900 ,the start button which locate on left top corner.But i think maemo is much better than winmo.cmiiw.

+1 for winmo 6.5

I miss being able to do 90% of everything from the home screen (with SPB diary etc)

searched on this long time ago and recently.
there isnt such a thing.
didnt liked WinMo that much, but i'd love to run Garmin Mobile XT for WinMo 6.5 on N900.
WinMo n N900 all use ARM, but hardware drivers (where does WinMo latch to for file system, camera, etc?)
it may be possible to modify Wine (Windows emulator) for N900 to emulate WinMo but i think no developer's motivated.
the whole gnu linux environment in N900 is much better (to me at least) anyway.

kh

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bozoid For This Useful Post:
Posts: 387 | Thanked: 1,700 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Cambridge, MA, USA
Originally Posted by parahumanoid View Post
It's a pity there isn't a WinMo 6.5 image for N900. I'd love to dual-boot into that. I like what N900 has to offer as a hardware unit and I'd like to be able to use that on a platform that's business-geared with a great selection of quality userland applications. Honestly, while I love my N900, if there were an offer that would combine its hardware specs with a Windows OS, I'd go for that offer. I had an SE Xperia X1i and the only thing it lacked for me hardware-wise was the absence of the IR and maybe it could use more RAM. Not that I ever needed the FM transmitter, but that was also a sweet bonus on N900.
Run, don't walk, to the nearest hospital emergency room. You are having a psychotic episode.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ken-Young For This Useful Post:
Posts: 273 | Thanked: 463 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Athens
Puting winmo on the N900 is just wrong

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Zoxir For This Useful Post:
Well I have no love for M$ and I love my N900, but fact is that hildon UI is crap and even with all the n900s customizability I haven't found any way to make it even close to how efficient winmo was at doing smartphone (not portable computer) tasks.

I'm happy to post examples if anyone indicates they care enough

The Following User Says Thank You to nman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 103 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ United Kingdom, Huddersfield
Originally Posted by nman View Post
hildon UI is crap and even with all the n900s customizability I haven't found any way to make it even close to how efficient winmo was at doing smartphone (not portable computer) tasks.

Yeah hildon is a bit rubbish, also after a few days, I find that the CPU spikes upon wakeup, killing hildon-home & hildon-desktop "cures" that.

Would be great to have alternate UI's on N900/Maemo

Originally Posted by nman View Post
but fact is that hildon UI is crap and even with all the n900s customizability I haven't found any way to make it even close to how efficient winmo was at doing smartphone (not portable computer) tasks.

I have never seen winmo. I'm interested in to hear what it do better than Maemo5. Maybe ideas can be then added to: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=75970

How you define (separate) what is smartphone-task and what is portable-computer-task?