Posts: 62 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ New York City
The comments in this story are truly funny, just thought I would share it with you !

http://ct.cnet.com/clicks?t=71704563...brand=NEWS&s=5

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by louiegoat View Post
The comments in this story are truly funny, just thought I would share it with you !

http://ct.cnet.com/clicks?t=71704563...brand=NEWS&s=5

yet another pointless thread what is fun about the article? If you and other had bother to read the announcement the 11 february you and others had seen that symbian/meego/qt is still not dead!

so the articles is just plan stupid cause thhere is NOTHING new or "funny"

They should run back to maemo, and give the n900 the support it truly means, then upgrade build quality and hardware components on the n series line, givem maemo and waallah, a new stable branch of evolution (PS all phones are still crap in comparison to the n900, hw wise, whatever, all they scream at me is inferior)

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by Catacylsm View Post
They should run back to maemo, and give the n900 the support it truly means, then upgrade build quality and hardware components on the n series line, givem maemo and waallah, a new stable branch of evolution (PS all phones are still crap in comparison to the n900, hw wise, whatever, all they scream at me is inferior)
Mameo is supported same qtquick as in n8/c7. so it is supported. people is just blind not seen it or dev apps for qt escpecially not now when stupid Elop scared some devs away.

if its here to stay it needs something new. just a new user interface. sure keep it simple, but make it fun, it's so dull and boring to use

Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
yet another pointless thread what is fun about the article? If you and other had bother to read the announcement the 11 february you and others had seen that symbian/meego/qt is still not dead!

so the articles is just plan stupid cause thhere is NOTHING new or "funny"
Lighten up, will you ! I just thought that the "Moose Burger" comment was funny. And in regards to reading announcements, I did read the one on the 11th of February and plenty others on this site and elsewhere on the internet. Apparently you are taking it out of context because I find the comment funny and you don't. I have been reading this forum since 2008 and I have never called anyone's post pointless or the article in that post stupid. I just go and read something else. As time goes on I have found more and more negativity on this site with what appears to be arrogant and childish like behaviour if someone disagrees with something in your post. Remember, everyone is entitled to their own opinion and ideas and that is why they post, so that others may learn, solve issues, get new ideas , etc. from a different perspective other than your own. I am an adult, thankfully !

Last edited by louiegoat; 2011-03-01 at 22:53. Reason: typo

We all need a laugh now and then, so serious.

Posts: 131 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Spain
I think a lightweight Symbian and a powerful Maemo solutions can be at the same time in the market.

In fact the SymbianOS worked more stable for basic phones than competitors however Nokia shouldn't spend too much effort in SymbianOS, an let a minimum of developer supporting a stable OS for people who only need a phone with the basic functions, and spend money and resources in the big brother.

Nokia lost the first train because they delayed too much selling a phone with Maemo and with a expensive price. I believe than one phone one year before and with a good price(sometimes one must lost money) and Nokia now would be in a much better position.

They had developers, technologies and strong community, but they have a problem in their head, and listening the latest news about their alliance with Microsoft they are killing themselves.

(conspiracy mode)
Wikileaks should research inside Nokia, because I can't believe their CEOs can be as incompetents, maybe the enemy is inside :P

Last edited by daperezg; 2011-03-03 at 20:53.

Guys you've got a point.. But I don't think that Symbian is dead as of now... There are still 150 million symbian based devices to be shipped, which is double the number of devices in the market at present.... So it isn't dead yet.. What I think its just another platform that Nokia is adding to their OS family... See what 3rd party developers have to say about this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfWFvCJJaNs