Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
@9000
okay.....so it seems to be normal and the problem is on the app. unfortunately 3G on N900 is not supported in my location. but will try that script.....in 2.5G.

EDIT: i think a moderator edit this one. thanks for putting this thread on the right location, and title

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

N900: 1000/1150mhz; sampling_rate 15; up_threshold 150000;

Last edited by gabby131; 2010-07-12 at 03:21.

okay....so i've been playing with 3g wifi tethering with my n86 and n900.

so my n86 has joikuspot (via 3g) and my n900 is the client (need to be like it coz no 3g on n900 here).

i notice a huge drop of battery power in battery graph. no pics but its from 91% down to 85% in less than 30 mins.

i have all settings on maximum (like wi-fi 100mw and powersaving, my n86 has enabled high data connection speed).

so as the n900 being a client which borrows signal from my n86 as wifi, is this still normal? my home wifi does not do like that.

thanks.....

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

I'm afraid the wifi standard is a bit iffy on power saving in this scenario of an adhoc network i.e. there is no power saving functionality - so expect lots of heat and extreme power consumption. Bon chance !

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lemon_grass For This Useful Post:
My joikuspot premium works almost perfect! Sometime, perhaps after some hours of use I have to restart the program o reconnect the computer but it is an excellent program and I recommend it.

Originally Posted by lemon_grass View Post
I'm afraid the wifi standard is a bit iffy on power saving in this scenario of an adhoc network i.e. there is no power saving functionality - so expect lots of heat and extreme power consumption. Bon chance !
yeah, you're right, dont see a power saving option on ad-hoc unlike on a normal wi-fi.

just got another test, its a 5-10% battery drain per hour (depends if the n900 is on idle) in using joikuspot with the n900 as the client.

Posts: 85 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Canada
I have to admit that joikuspot premium works well but it is very unfair of JoikuSpot to force me to freely advertise their product in the SSID even though I paid for it. I asked them if the SSID prefix is removable and they said that it isn't in the N900 version.

This is very annoying.