Active Topics

Poll: Do you think its possible to overclock the N900?!
Poll Options
Do you think its possible to overclock the N900?!

Posts: 79 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Colorado
Flashed my Kernel last night with the 900mhz and love it! Been working flawlessly so far.
My Site and Blog

Originally Posted by Kurele View Post
Flashed my Kernel last night with the 900mhz and love it! Been working flawlessly so far.
Same for me!

Posts: 126 | Thanked: 327 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by michalurban View Post
Somebody pls upload that 1ghz kernel, ok?
You wont gain anything from going to 1000mhz, it actually makes the phone less responsive unless your doing something really heavy. There is a 950mhz kernel if you must to try...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lehto For This Useful Post:
Sorry im no guru with linux but im good on PC - how do i flash my phone to use the 125-800 kernel?

Thanks

Originally Posted by Lehto View Post
You wont gain anything from going to 1000mhz, it actually makes the phone less responsive unless your doing something really heavy. There is a 950mhz kernel if you must to try...
I just wanted to try ...

BTW, your opinion - what kernel do you consider best?

Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
Guys is it posible so have a modified kernel and some one makes a overlocking app that allows user to select what speed that want via terminal or gui?

i'm not a programmer so any takers on the idea?

oh is there any way to get firmware information back in "about"?

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
I wonder why no one official from nokia did not comment on the over clocking.... i was expecting to see some warnings from some one associated with nokia in the community...

Posts: 169 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Portugal
Originally Posted by michalurban View Post
I just wanted to try ...

BTW, your opinion - what kernel do you consider best?
Hello,
Here ' http://www.saunalahti.fi/crailt/ ' we can see a kernel like "zImage-850mhz-450dsp" .

What about performance and stability between zImage-900mhz VS zImage-850mhz-450dsp ?

Any ideas ?
(yes i know..just try my self...but more opinions..more solutions )

Regards.

Originally Posted by sachin007 View Post
I wonder why no one official from nokia did not comment on the over clocking.... i was expecting to see some warnings from some one associated with nokia in the community...
they r all busy with PR1.2...

Originally Posted by sachin007 View Post
You mean how they did it with the Pre?

Also, is it me, or can anyone else access their memory card? For some reason, I have no idea why, but my N900 is not showing my memory card on. I'm currently using the 800mhz kernel. The thing is, I'm no so sure this have to do with flashing the kernel though, because I just recently flashed my phone with the emmc and the latest firmware. Another issue I'm currently having is, for some odd reason my phone is displaying GMT -4 instead of GMT -5 when it's actually on GMT -5 which is the correct timezone.

Tags
cooking on gas, cortex-a8, faster, first to fry it wins!, hardware, its smoking, n900, need for speed, need for weed, nos, omap, omap3, omap3430, overclock, overclocking, soc, system-on-a-chip, the dogs, this thread got good!, vtec just kicked in y0!, warranty will be void, whooplah, zoom zoom