Posts: 68 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Jun 2014 @ Sweden
Mine worked just a few hours ago, but now is plain dead, indeed. I suppose it could be a glitch.
B!

Edit
Thank you for using AccuWeather.com.

We are aware of the problem that you are experiencing, and are actively working on a solution. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

AccuWeather Customer Service
support@accuweather.com
I suppose they didn't abandon us after all.
/Edit

Last edited by Mr B; 2015-08-12 at 13:49.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mr B For This Useful Post:
Posts: 102 | Thanked: 228 times | Joined on Jan 2014 @ Northern WI, USA
I thought Accuweather had finally been "unplugged" so to speak. Glad to hear it's not gone forever! I already jumped the gun and replaced the widget in Events view with MeeCast. Love MeeCast but the radar is no where near as good as Accuweather's.

The Following User Says Thank You to kapu2 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 228 | Thanked: 100 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Australia
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Don't ever revoke the Twitter for Nokia N9 access in the app side of Twitter.com. If you do, you cannot make it work again. I know, that's my problem.
There is a fix for Twitter now: talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=95777

Posts: 128 | Thanked: 105 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Hungary
Originally Posted by wisgal View Post
It looks that Nokia N9 is really dead. As I following maemo threads I see that most questions didn't find who answer. Good device bad software. That is Nokia N9 and that what will happen to all such software. A lot of names that confuse: Maemo, Meego, Nemo, Harmattan, Fremantle, Linux, Ubuntu, Debian, Sailfish, Jolla, ...etc. It is just a toy of developers. One should ask why he cannot find a free app in Google store or Appstore that cannot be installed on Android or iOS device? and why he cannot find a free app in those stores that does not function after installation? but he will find many such apps in the Linux area. I believe the developers here are only hobbyists not experienced developers. I am sorry for saying that but we (end users) are paying the price of their experiments. Of course we are the first who are responsible because we should not buy such a device while the whole subject is a failing company that tried to save itself at the last moment and put a lot of people around the world in that trap. Finally most of them escaped from this trap but there are few others who want to stay to see the end of the tragedy.
lol what are you into? so you think we should leave this nice device just cause we can't do EVERYTHING with it? thats nonsense. i cannot run natively Angry Birds on my Ubuntu. OH NO, IT'S TIME TO FLY, SWEETIE!

i guess you heard about that Elop guy and you may also know why MeeGo and relatives has been abandoned. most of us knows why we are here. maybe one day everybody leave but we have time and N9 is still a dependable phone, no need to worry. you taking it too serious.

Last edited by ViBE; 2015-08-16 at 07:10.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ViBE For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by AlbertN View Post
What do you mean by "everything works except chat"?
I'm struggling with this malfunction, which has been also reported by others:
It shows up in the "feed" section of the home screen, but not in the "newsfeed" section of the app.

IMHO it is far away from "working" - newsfeed cannot be updated directly on stock FB app, but only by refreshing feeds on the homescreen.
Do you also experience this bad behaviour ?
Or maybe there is a way to fix it ?

Cheers!
on mine Facebook is totaly dead. the Jabber trick also useless. using browser is such a horrible thing when people have an N9 with cool notification system.

Posts: 133 | Thanked: 405 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Europe
@Mr B: I've got the same answer from AccuWeather.com.

I don't think, they are really working on it. But let use hope...

MeeCast is a good alternative.

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Gtalk only works for me using Jabber in this way:

account: your full gmail address
password
server: talk.google.com
port:5222
require encryption: yes

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 13 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by ViBE View Post
on mine Facebook is totaly dead. the Jabber trick also useless. using browser is such a horrible thing when people have an N9 with cool notification system.
The Facebook/jabber trick don't work since a couple of months back when Facebook shut down their xmpp gateway.

Originally Posted by sjukfan View Post
The Facebook/jabber trick don't work since a couple of months back when Facebook shut down their xmpp gateway.
of course i know it. i just replied that dumb thing. he wrote it in this month while xmpp was finally abandoned in may.

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by ViBE View Post
of course i know it. i just replied that dumb thing. he wrote it in this month while xmpp was finally abandoned in may.
Hm... no, I was wrong, it actually do work. Which is really weird because I can't connect through pidgin with the same settings.