Active Topics

5 days 2 hours at 68% all Idle with sim card in
this is quite good considering my 3310 lasted 6 days under the same conditions

The Following User Says Thank You to Mada22009 For This Useful Post:
I am missing my N9 too much so I started using it normally in day 8 (calls music navigation and so on) now I am at day 9 with 30% battery so I will use it and I will pull the plug on this experiment in day 10
I guess 10 days of up time already proves that the N9 and Meego's battery management is outstanding. even now at day 9 my standby consumption never went higher than 3 MAH.

Embrace your self forum pictures will be posted tomorrow at this time :P

here is my screen shots if this is not great i dont know what is
Attached Images

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mada22009 For This Useful Post:
Wow how did you get such great battery operation? Mine can't even last a day and a half. Usually idle usage is around, at least 20ma.

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
meego system on my n9 always reach 40%

lol, any advice?

getting the best out of your battery depends on you and your usage..
you need to ask your self few questions and answer them honestly and sensibly...

1) do you really need to be connected all day long?
I mean most people will have push notifications for Emails and stay online on several chat protocols all day but when you think about it you won't actually check it till you are free to do so, so why not keep it in POWER SAVER mode and disconnect it till you are actually free to look at your phone and check your Emails and chats.

2) Do you really need 3G?
most people will set their phones to Dual mode or 3G only which makes a big difference in battery consumption, yet most people don't actually need it and they can do with what ever WIFI avelable around or even if that was not that easy you can use Edge which is good enough for most of the phones needed tasks. the point here is 3g uses more power than any thing else and even on Idle it uses twice to 3 times the power of EDGE so if you don't need it switch it off.

3) do you need to keep applications running in the background?
some people just keep application running in the back ground which will keep the processor busy even in idle mood.

4) have you done a clean flash after PR1.2?
if you haven't done that I strongly advice you to do so since it helped almost every single person in this thread to take down their idle consumption.

5) what is your Idle consumption?
this is a tricky one. here is how you should answer this question:
charge the phone fully before you head to bed and then restart it, switch off all running soft wares and up connections. switch the phone to power saver mode and let it idle.
when you wake up check your average idle consumption if it is any more than 8 mah you have something draining the battery. mine runs at 3mah!! even after 10 days of uptime on a single charge.

6) once you start using your phone sensibly and really looking for the things that drains the battery even you don't really need you should get about 24 to 48 hours on a single charge with what you used to call heavy use and 48 to 72 hours when normal usage and much more when you are a light user..

hope these tips really helps if there is any thing I am missing please do add it and let me know about it after all I opened this thread to learn more ways of keeping my device up on the go.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mada22009 For This Useful Post:
On my device the 3G logo is always blue. More worse, most of the time a blue 3.5G logo (HSPA) is displayed.

I've done some measuring using the energy profiler and found out the following: (Always the same device!)
- During the time the blue 3.5G icon is displayed the average consumption is about 140mA.
- During the time the blue 3G icon is displayed the average consumption is about 100mA.
- During the time the device is connected via WLAN the average consumption is about 17mA.

This means that if the device is connected to the network in "3.5G state" high consumptions occurs. This makes absolutely sense, however:

Using tcpdump on the device shows that 1 udp packet is transferred on the network per minute. (Keep-alive used for openvpn). My understanding of the 3G network is, that after a few seconds of no traffic the device should change into a "standby mode" and display a white 3G icon. (Logged in to the network but no data transfers) But this does not happen. The device changes to "standby mode" only after more than 60 seconds of no traffic. I think this is due to a bug in the current firmware of the n9 and this causes the high power consumptions.

The Following User Says Thank You to alex25 For This Useful Post:
OS is not smart enough to regulate 2G/3G/3G+ data traffic...

Originally Posted by Mada22009 View Post
5) what is your Idle consumption?
this is a tricky one. here is how you should answer this question:
charge the phone fully before you head to bed and then restart it, switch off all running soft wares and up connections. switch the phone to power saver mode and let it idle.
when you wake up check your average idle consumption if it is any more than 8 mah you have something draining the battery. mine runs at 3mah!! even after 10 days of uptime on a single charge.

hope these tips really helps if there is any thing I am missing please do add it and let me know about it after all I opened this thread to learn more ways of keeping my device up on the go.
Another small trick to lower idle consumption even further is either using a pouch or flip case for your phone.

Obviously once inside the pouch or with a flap closure, the proximity sensor turns off the standby screen clock/notifications and any operator logo you might be using. Might not save you much but obviously it all makes a difference if you're obsessive about getting Idle consumption down.

Haven't looked to see if there's an option to simply disable the clock/logo as that wouldn't interest me personally as find them very useful.

The Following User Says Thank You to Tetlee For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
maybe reflash can fix mine, hate this lol, thx for ur advice

The Following User Says Thank You to ibrakalifa For This Useful Post: