Posts: 78 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Sep 2005 @ San Francisco, CA
Originally Posted by waddell
I was about to apply this update, but the 770 I just bought from compusa
is already running 2.2005.45-7.
Same here. I bought it from CompUSA today and it has 2.2005.45-7.

I noticed my box was sealed with a sticker that says "V.2". Did your box also have that? How about folks that got theirs with the earlier version?

I wonder if that is part of what has been delaying the shipments, as others mentioned. Maybe they are re-flashing them and adding the sticker.
http://www.markandjo.com/markblog

Posts: 32 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Florida, USA
Originally Posted by mk500

I noticed my box was sealed with a sticker that says "V.2". Did your box also have that? How about folks that got theirs with the earlier version?

I wonder if that is part of what has been delaying the shipments, as others mentioned. Maybe they are re-flashing them and adding the sticker.
Mine from CompUSA is also 2.2005.45-7.

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by mk500

I got the box from Nokia Dec 1st with a "V.2" sticker but with the old firmware 2.2005.42-9. But I'm pretty sure they re-opened the box because it had two stickers one broken and the second on top (both with V.2).
Who knows what they did ...

You might want to upgrade it to 2.2005-45-7.

http://www.europe.nokia.com/nokia/0,8764,79636,00.html

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
I got one of the first shipments to the UK on Nov 9th (with original firmware) and it too had v.2 on the sticker so I don't think v.2 relates in any way to the firmware.

Posts: 51 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Midlands, UK
Originally Posted by Hamish
Got it...

I had to remove the battery, then put it back, AND hold down the 'Home' button when turning it back on.

Don't know why... Maybe I changed some setting... It's flashing the rootfs as I type now...
Just for the record, the following sequence worked for me (and the normal one didn't - probably some udev change I've made to my system):

0) Run flasher up to the "waiting" point as described on the maemo wiki
1) Battery out
2) Wait 10 secs
3) Battery in
4) IMMEDIATELY plug USB in
5) IMMEDIATELY plug power in

Then it started flashing the device. Took about 5 mins or so in total.

HTH,
jc

Originally Posted by aflegg
The initial version of 770Flasher.app is now available from:

http://bleb.org/software/770/#770Flasher

It goes without saying, of course, that this is not affiliated with Nokia in any way and I won't be held responsible if your machine grows legs and runs off with your husband/wife/hamster.

Having said that, comments welcome :-)

Cheers,

Andrew
Andrew,

Just flashed the new Nokia .bin file (3.2005.51-13 (December 30, 2005)) using your software. Works great, thanks again. Happy new year,

Manu