Active Topics

guys I am doing an experiment and guess what with light usage (device been active for 3 hours 1.5 hour of GPS with the screen on and the rest is internet surfing and so on) and guess what till this moment I am at 4days and a half uptime on 1 charge and still have 20% left in the battery do you think it will reach 6 days ?

The Following User Says Thank You to Mada22009 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 77 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ United Kingdom
Over saturating a li-ion battery is not a good idea. When you put the charger in the phone. The voltage shoots up. And says ready, but the battery is not ready, thats why, you can have a full change, and suddenly, it drops. Because that was a false ready.

So the phone is saying battery is charged when it's not because phone cannot measure battery capacity, but voltage. They suggest charging the phone while turned off so voltages and stuff can balance.

batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/charging_lithium_ion_batteries

The Following User Says Thank You to Ashbeck For This Useful Post:
Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
@Mada22009
Are you always connected? Push e-mail accounts updating? No phone calls? I really can NOT believe in 5 days uptime with N9. Never heard any fellow N9 owner to report anything even close to that. I guess if you leave your phone without touching it at all, without sms, without calls, just pure standby you can get 5 days. But not with normal(be it "light") usage.

Originally Posted by zlatko View Post
@Mada22009
Are you always connected? Push e-mail accounts updating? No phone calls? I really can NOT believe in 5 days uptime with N9. Never heard any fellow N9 owner to report anything even close to that. I guess if you leave your phone without touching it at all, without sms, without calls, just pure standby you can get 5 days. But not with normal(be it "light") usage.
nope i am not connected but i use the GPS for 2 hours and i surfed
the internet and checked my emails few times (in total i think it goes around an hour or so on WIFI) basically it is light usage I've got 3 and a half days before with normal usage and 2 days with heavy (connected always 3g or wifi and around 6 hours of GPS)

now i am just trying to push it to see how long i can get with it with light usage
i will post screen shots later when i am done with this experiment

The Following User Says Thank You to Mada22009 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 192 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Austin, Tx
Originally Posted by Ashbeck View Post
Over saturating a li-ion battery is not a good idea. When you put the charger in the phone. The voltage shoots up. And says ready, but the battery is not ready, thats why, you can have a full change, and suddenly, it drops. Because that was a false ready.

So the phone is saying battery is charged when it's not because phone cannot measure battery capacity, but voltage. They suggest charging the phone while turned off so voltages and stuff can balance.

batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/charging_lithium_ion_batteries
Very good to know.

My wife's Samung is dying pretty much every night, but she leaves it on and charges it. When she first bought it the life was better, but has since dropped off considerably, its only ~6 months old.

5 days mark is broken 10% juice left in there are we looking at a sixth day!!?

Posts: 226 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Malaysia
What's the split between 3G/WiFi usage for your 2 day with heavy usage scenario? Considering the highest I've gotten with only 3G is 8 hours or so, the 2 days seem quite a bit of a stretch unless you used 3G for an hour and WiFi for the rest of the 2 days.

Originally Posted by biatch0 View Post
What's the split between 3G/WiFi usage for your 2 day with heavy usage scenario? Considering the highest I've gotten with only 3G is 8 hours or so, the 2 days seem quite a bit of a stretch unless you used 3G for an hour and WiFi for the rest of the 2 days.
yep true you can say its like 10 % of 3G and the rest was on WiFi

I've missed up my experiment hahah
after passing the 5 days mark I decided to leave the phone and take a screen shot as soon as it says battery low then charge it, how ever I slept and when I woke up I checked on it and it was 5 days 7 hours. Sadly it died on me before I could take a screen shot
any way I will attempt to do this again (since I have few extra phones with me these days so I could give a break to my n9)

I will upload a screen shot of the 4days mark as soon as I charge my N9 since that was the last screen shot I did.

here you go
Attached Images