Active Topics

yes im quite happy with the battery life myself
Attached Images

Originally Posted by zlatko View Post
@Mada22009
Are you always connected? Push e-mail accounts updating? No phone calls? I really can NOT believe in 5 days uptime with N9. Never heard any fellow N9 owner to report anything even close to that. I guess if you leave your phone without touching it at all, without sms, without calls, just pure standby you can get 5 days. But not with normal(be it "light") usage.
I agree. I can get 15 hours at most with the amount I use my N9. Brightness on low, push email on, wifi always on. Maybe 30-60 min of phone calls per day, but at least 500 txts per day (usually more). This may get me 12 hours if I'm lucky. I definitely have to charge once a day, usually twice.

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by Mada22009 View Post
here you go
That's not even with cellular network on.
I know it's an experiment you're doing, but what's the use of a phone when you're only in flightmode?

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by crnkoj View Post
Now that's some uptime!
Are you always in battery saving mode?

no but he's hardly using anything heavy
that's very realistic if you don't browse, keep Availability to Off, don't play music or video, etc..

In fact if it wasn't for that Meego process he could prob get another day on it

Originally Posted by crnkoj View Post
hi all,

i do not have any solutions, these are just my 2 cents about the topic.

nice pic, but is your data background connection active?
the nokia n9 is for sure the strangest device i've ever had regarding battery life. i've had up's and down's, with PR 1.1 and 1.2. after a fresh install of 1.2, the phone lasted 2 days. after 4-5 days of usage, the battery got back to 10h of usage. didn't install or change anything on the phone. tried various solutions (bookmark on app screen, moving telco'sS SIM icon, flight mode on/off, ecc.) with no effect.
i checked the battery consumption with various apps (htop, energyProfiler, ressourceMonitor, batteryUsage), but could never find a specific app/deamon causing the drain.
and now: don't know why, but it's 2 weeks now that i'm back at almost 2 days of usage, with no apparent reason (again, i didn't change anything on the phone).

i just can provide my setup:
flashed trough NSU 20 days ago
about 15 apps installed
WiFi always on, background conns always on
9 accounts (1 MfE up-to-date, 3 gmail at 20 min, 1 skype, 1 twitter at 1 hour, 1 nokia, hotmail and personal POP3 account on manual sync, gTalk always online)
apps always open in task-manager: phone, mess, mail, browser, settings, calendar.
10 calls a day, rarely some sms
about 1-2h of internet
some pics, some mp3

cheers,
no_nuke

Originally Posted by Micha View Post
That's not even with cellular network on.
I know it's an experiment you're doing, but what's the use of a phone when you're only in flightmode?
actually it wasn't on flight mode all along I just bought an Xperia mini pro and put the SIM card in it ... any way it was out of the N9 for around a day of that experiment

now I am doing a total standby experiment the SIM card is in but no significant use at all I am already passing 3 days mark at 80% battery will keep you posted ...

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 209 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Tampico, México
i have noted that when I have high battery drain, the 3G logo is on blue, like if its downloading something constantly from the internet. Then I randomly check my contact app and see that it is trying to refresh my twitter contacts pulling down exactly onle 23 every time, never downloading the whole 150 contacts.

Maybe this has something to do with the battery drain, could someone else take a look at it?

btw, off topic, I read someone else saying that they configurated their twitter and facebook feed update to every 30 min, I havent found any option to edit this, could anyone here tell me where is it?

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 209 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Tampico, México
btw, my actual idle consumption is 74 mA which, compared to others here, is abnormaly high

i have
1) background connections on (3g and wifi)
2) XMS ebuddy
3) none of the im accounts on (all facebook, gtalk, msn off)
4) gmail always updated
5) bluetooth, NFC, DNLA, off
6) music app always on

I dont usually call or sms, i always check twitter, fb ocassionaly and text via xms very often, and get 16 hours max (10 hours on most days)

however, the other day, my idle consumption was for 17 mah, which for me has been the best number ever, the battery lasted more than 1 day, but they it just randomly increased to 75 without opening other app, or installyin anything.

my theories are 2

1) the 3G signal is bad in my country which makes my phone struggle more, and waste battery
2) the twitter refreshing bug has something to do (read my last post)

Posts: 464 | Thanked: 338 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK, Northwest
Originally Posted by dcastrog View Post
btw, off topic, I read someone else saying that they configurated their twitter and facebook feed update to every 30 min, I havent found any option to edit this, could anyone here tell me where is it?
Settings > Notifications > Feed on homescreen

The Following User Says Thank You to dumpystig For This Useful Post: