Originally Posted by ivgalvez View Post
[...]

We (the community) need an easy way to handle with these orphaned packages, transfer maintenance and promoting should be easier for members of the Council, Testers and I would say that also for some "super developers" such as Pali, freemangordon, MAG, etc.
lost the thread since the last council regarding orphaned packages.

simply put: if the list of orphaned packages can be setup, would there be enough development resources to take care of them or would it then be a problem (for each and every package) to find a developer interested in taking over responsibility for a package?

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Estel, I'm glad to see you are active in the community these days. Do you suppose you could fulfill your Easy Debian commitment at some point in the near future?

From March 6th:

Originally Posted by mr_pingu View Post
Estel, did you already upload your new image with the files from /home/user/ ?
My ED image got corrupted so I am forced to download a new image Then I started wondering if you had fixed your image
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Unfortunately, not yet. Sorry, have been quite occupied lately.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
See reply in ED thread Thanks for pointing it out!
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
Ok, we now have a Community Council / Council election Q1/2 2012 landing page .

Could someone from the Council please confirm the various dates for the process.

Another thing I'd like to bring up, could it be possible to advertise the process with a banner as we did/do with the Coding Competition and CSSU ?

Edit: List of eligible candidates is up. I used this convertor to make the table in wiki format, but it stripped off the links to individual profiles.

The attached file contains the account list in html format with the links included if anyone knows how to do it properly.
Attached Files
File Type: gz account_list_0.1.html.tar.gz (16.0 KB, 78 views)

Last edited by mrsellout; 2012-04-06 at 17:14.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to mrsellout For This Useful Post:
Thanks again, it's looking nice.

I've noticed, that two questions appeared in candidate's declarations page. what do You (Community) think of best way to show such answer - should it be added repeatedly to end of every candidate's declaration, or summed up in Q&A, with candidate's names followed by answers given?

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Thanks again, it's looking nice.

I've noticed, that two questions appeared in candidate's declarations page. what do You (Community) think of best way to show such answer - should it be added repeatedly to end of every candidate's declaration, or summed up in Q&A, with candidate's names followed by answers given?

/Estel
The second of those questions doesn't seem fair or neutral. Can we change it to something like "What are your thoughts on how communications should be conducted between Nokia, Nemein, and the Council; and the council and the community?"

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SD69 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
Originally Posted by mrsellout View Post
Ok, we now have a Community Council / Council election Q1/2 2012 landing page .

Could someone from the Council please confirm the various dates for the process.

Another thing I'd like to bring up, could it be possible to advertise the process with a banner as we did/do with the Coding Competition and CSSU ?
I can confirm April 30 now. It will take awhile for the other dates because it fair amount of work to do the voting along with Nemein.

I don't see why we can't put up a banner for the vote. If someone can create a banner, Council can approve it and then forward it on to be inserted. I assume on the forum page and home page.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SD69 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by SD69 View Post
The second of those questions doesn't seem fair or neutral. Can we change it to something like "What are your thoughts on how communications should be conducted between Nokia, Nemein, and the Council; and the council and the community?"
Agreed, but didn't wanted to alter question without approval from OP. In any case, I got answers ready, yet would like to hear what's You people think about most reader-friendly way of answering (see my last post).
---

To those who are interested and/or care - I've updated my desired roadmap on "Candidate's declaration" - basically, I've written more precisely (yet in brief note), how - in case of need from within Community, to fully self-govern itself - I would like to achieve it.

Originally Posted by Estel @ Candidate's declarations"
Overall, I think that passing maintainership to Community - like it happened with QT - is most profitable scenario to both parties. Would like to negotiate that with Nokia.
I've also fixed small typo in numeration.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-

Originally Posted by SD69 View Post
The second of those questions doesn't seem fair
Half of the first one too. $DEITY only knows what meltemi is, or even if it exists/will exist. How are candidates supposed to answer that? And even if we come to that bridge it's very unlikely it will be during the next council's term anyway.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
I never got round to explaining my rationale for the section Questions candidates might like to answer and for this I apologise. The section was merely a response to this post, but I didn't feel any one person had the authority to shape the agenda for the forthcoming election, so I thought the best way around that would be to let everyone!

Those questions that I reprinted there were from the mailing list (I realise now I should have linked to them in the wiki), there was another post questioning a candidate, but it was specific to the candidate, so I felt it was out of place in the section.

I invite others to add any questions they would like to ask there.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrsellout For This Useful Post:

Tags
council, election, incommunicado, winding down