Active Topics

Originally Posted by auouymous View Post
So you want to have headphones plugged in for the radio antenna but listen on the speakers?
It's more of a wear (on the earphone plug and the socket itself) thing. That said, I understand implementing it could be an odd thing so *shrug*

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
i seem to have a problem with the screen not blanking, only dimming, when i lock it since the last update.

Last edited by tso; 2011-02-23 at 12:24.

Originally Posted by tso View Post
i seem to have a problem with the screen not blanking, only dimming, when i lock it since the last update.
Is systemui also running? Does it blank when you press the blank button?

MCE is responsible for blanking the display, unless you used the flashlight or fullscreen clock with keep-lit and it somehow didn't reset the allow-blanking when it closed the dialog, although the screen shouldn't dim if that were the case.

blank works, and systemui is not running.

used to be that i could force it with lock & blank and the issue would resolve itself. But that appears to be not the case since the last test release.

Last edited by tso; 2011-02-23 at 13:06.

Originally Posted by tso View Post
blank works, and systemui is not running.

used to be that i could force it with lock & blank and the issue would resolve itself. But that appears to be not the case since the last test release.
So it has happened before this release. Do you know when it started?

If you switch to secondary page and toggle the screen autolock and switch back then lock&blank will be active.

I just uploaded a test binary that calls dsme_allow_blanking() inside mce_lock_screen(), let me know if that fixes it.

i think it started before asui. But previously a manual blank (via lock & blank) would fix it. Now, even after your latest test changes, will only blank when doing so manually (blank or lock & blank). Lock alone just results in the screen dimming (i can see the text "dim" under the brightness slider).

bah. No sooner did i write the post above does it behave again. Not sure what is going on.

Are you using Diablo Turbo or the dbus/gconf packages that maacruz made for DT? If not, try installing the 5 dbus/gconf packages and see if it helps.

Originally Posted by auouymous View Post
Are you using Diablo Turbo or the dbus/gconf packages that maacruz made for DT? If not, try installing the 5 dbus/gconf packages and see if it helps.
i have yet to do that, but i notice now that the screen blanks eventually. But there is a time delay vs previously where it would blank automatically on lock.

New test binary.
  • short tap markers are displayed inside the short tap lock buttons
  • lock&blank and blank now temporarily adjust settings so they always work
  • secure keypad is opened when a timer expires instead of waiting for device to become active

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to auouymous For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada blows, bada rox