Active Topics

Originally Posted by 9000 View Post
What is the version of your busybox (type busybox and then enter)?
1.10.2 legal

when i do

root
reboot

it reboots, but with 'sudo reboot' it shuts down.

The Following User Says Thank You to killerdemon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
I'll try that

Originally Posted by killerdemon View Post
1.10.2 legal

when i do

root
reboot

yup... same version
same problem!!!

I dunno, prolly I will try not restarting everyday and see. At one point of time, it was performing better with a daily restart- (PR1.1!!) I dunno I might be wrong, will see not restarting it and check the performance.

Nevertheless, I guess this should be fixed- reboot should work in power kernels!!! pleaseeeeee!!!

Originally Posted by killerdemon View Post
1.10.2 legal

when i do

root
reboot

btw, it reboots most of the time, but not always!
it might be something to do with USB connected or keeping it in stand etc- some obscure/ random reason!!

Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
Originally Posted by getnani View Post
yup... same version
same problem!!!

I dunno, prolly I will try not restarting everyday and see. At one point of time, it was performing better with a daily restart- (PR1.1!!) I dunno I might be wrong, will see not restarting it and check the performance.

Nevertheless, I guess this should be fixed- reboot should work in power kernels!!! pleaseeeeee!!!
Easy. How about:

Code:
sudo /sbin/reboot

The Following User Says Thank You to 9000 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by 9000 View Post
Easy. How about:

Code:
sudo /sbin/reboot
Worked Once.... Not sure how often this will have success!! will let you know once it fails!!

Worked Once.... Not sure how often this will have success!! will let you know once it fails!!
Failed once out of 4 times or so!

Actually I dont understand why sudo reboot fails almost certainly, but sudo /sbin/reboot works most of the time- at least definitely better than sudo reboot!!! Anybody has a command that reboots with certainty of no less than 100% :'(

I am not able to comprehend why this is so difficult and messy with power kernel (which has crossed many revisions I guess!!)

Please maemo experts, please help!!

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
mine does this too, i thought it was something to do with the boot loader though...

Same obsevation. Though I think the reboot does start - I see Nokia logo - but then fails just before we'd normally see the flashing dots.

Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
Failed once out of 4 times or so!

Actually I dont understand why sudo reboot fails almost certainly, but sudo /sbin/reboot works most of the time- at least definitely better than sudo reboot!!! Anybody has a command that reboots with certainty of no less than 100% :'(

I am not able to comprehend why this is so difficult and messy with power kernel (which has crossed many revisions I guess!!)

Please maemo experts, please help!!
Try this as well:

Code:
dbus-send --system --type=method_call --print-reply --dest=com.nokia.mce "/com/nokia/mce/request" com.nokia.mce.request.req_reboot

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 9000 For This Useful Post: