I would recommend changing the product code instead of flashing.
Flashing yourself needs to be done with each release, while changing the product code needs to be done once and then if you pick a code with a firmware released early you'll always have it.

I had one of those Swiss codes that don't have the update yet, and replaced it with the code you can find in Navifirm. Right after changing it I found the update on NSU.

Just my 0.02€

Originally Posted by maximilian1st View Post
The Swiss market for the N9 must be 0.01% of the amount of N9's sold worldwide. I can fully understand that Nokia take their time to update these but I don't like this way of doing updates. They should wait for the roll out to be sure to cover at least 80% of their users.

You want the latest FW now? Flash it yourself.
I am not from CH and never been there - bought my phone in the UK.

As far as % of sold units - if the market share for CH is so small that they donțt bother with updating those phones, why sell it there in the first place?

As far as I am concerned they could make the phone with whatever product code they like (south Sudan for ex.) - I could not care less.

What I care about is keeping the product up to date.
I would understand a week or two delay from one market to another, but I definitely donțt understand a more than a month delay...How is CH so much different from other European countries that have been updated already?

Posts: 127 | Thanked: 203 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by a_petrov303 View Post
...As far as % of sold units - if the market share for CH is so small that they donțt bother with updating those phones, why sell it there in the first place?
That, if you ask me, was a major failure from the start. I have seen people with the new Lumia phones but never anyone with the N9. In CH, smartphone owners either have an iPhone or some Android (mainly SGS2) phone.

Posts: 127 | Thanked: 203 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by delmar View Post
I think Nokia in Switzerland newer sold more units of a single device before N9. People from everywhere get it from there because it was cheaper than in other countrys and because it is/was not released in their country.
And I know for sure that the sales of the N9 here are very, very bad. Have a look at the www.digitec.ch website and search for the N9. They have plenty because nobody buys them. Even the demo ones are not selling for a very good price.

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
If you are a complete noob then OTA or NSU will be fine. Best option though is to do a reflash of the firmware and emmc especially as you will have no data to back up or lose.

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
patience is the key, p.r 1.3 is on the way

The Following User Says Thank You to ibrakalifa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 314 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Bratislava, Slovakia
Originally Posted by bockersjv View Post
If you are a complete noob then OTA or NSU will be fine. Best option though is to do a reflash of the firmware and emmc especially as you will have no data to back up or lose.
Very true...
I too said it more than once around here, anybody who still has brand-locked FW or your country code doesnīt appear on NaviFirm yet, go ahead and flash your N9s to PR1.2 with root.bin + emmc.bin with ANY OTHER country code you can find on NaviFirm, just adhere to the memory capacity...even color doesnīt matter, either...if your N9 is 16gb version locked with some crappy Polish provider, simply download PR1.2 Central EU 16gb country code and do the flash..
itīs completely alright and you then will have overriden stupid restrictions of your stupid provider...
thatīs that, no reason to wait whatsoever...

Last edited by jleholeho; 2012-04-17 at 13:06.

Originally Posted by ibrakalifa View Post
patience is the key, p.r 1.3 is on the way
that is exactly why I am being fed up - if I don't have 1.2 yet, how long will take for the 1.3 for me?!!!!

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
o_O

flash it manually? Thats best option ^

Originally Posted by malmostoso View Post
I would recommend changing the product code instead of flashing.
Flashing yourself needs to be done with each release, while changing the product code needs to be done once and then if you pick a code with a firmware released early you'll always have it.

I had one of those Swiss codes that don't have the update yet, and replaced it with the code you can find in Navifirm. Right after changing it I found the update on NSU.

Just my 0.02€
I read here several times that this might cause problems and that's why it is not adviced to change product codes!