Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
Works with my Phlips 52PFL9606 TV set. Just turned it ON on N9, went to DLNA on TV and "N9" popped up with Pictures, Music and Video. All playing well.

Posts: 314 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Bratislava, Slovakia
yup, I forgot to say I can see the videos on my LG 50PK790 plasma, too..so itīs probably the BD players that are having some hard time detecting videos, not the phoneīs fault...

Posts: 115 | Thanked: 116 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Helsinki
FWIW, mine works with Samsung TV allshare feature, videos, photos and music all work fine.

Originally Posted by jleholeho View Post
yup, I forgot to say I can see the videos on my LG 50PK790 plasma, too..so itīs probably the BD players that are having some hard time detecting videos, not the phoneīs fault...
BD players have a really bad DLNA support from our experience.

The Following User Says Thank You to phako For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dsawhney View Post
Doesn't work with xbox 360. It detects N9 and gets list of files but no content is shown.
That has to work. It's one of the primary devices we regularly test with. Do you have any other device to test with? Do you have terminal access on the device? no need for developer mode, installing irssi from the store is enough.

Originally Posted by jleholeho View Post
works alright with my Pioneer BDP-440, quite fast to be honest...
but it couldnīt detect any videos, too...
music and pics is cool...
I can probably explain this; the video formats exposed via media sharing are not that commonly supported by UPnP/DLNA devices and if the player is strict about what it supports, it might just filter them.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to phako For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by abyzthomas View Post
It seems to work fine from my Sony LED TV for my music and photos.

I am still not able to get the video working. I can see my videos in the N9 Video player, but Sony TV does not detect it.
You can give up your hope. Sony TVs only support MPEG2 video via UPnP/DLNA and filter out everything not matching that.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to phako For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by inte View Post
Doesn't work for me either.
Tried the DMM Dreambox DLNA-Client, and VLC Media Player on both Linux and Windows on different networks.
Any hints? How does it come DLNA works on some environments and on other not?
The VLC UPnP support (at least on the 1.1.x series) is broken in the respect that it ignores the UPnP rule that devices and services of a higher version are required to be backward compatible. The N9 uses MediaServer:2 but VLC wants MediaServer:1. The two are compatible, but VLC ignores that. Just checked with 1.1.12 on Ubuntu 11.10.

There is a new version of VLC, 2, out. It supposedly fixed DLNA support. If you are on Ubuntu 11.10, you can add a repo and install it:

http://www.unixmen.com/vlc-2-0-twofl...and-linuxmint/

If you are on an older version of Ubuntu, VLC 2 won't install. But You can go to Synaptic package manager, get totem-extra-plugins and then enable the Coherence DLNA plugin in Totem player (the default media player). Then open the player and you will get a new option on the right-hand side of the screen, Coherence DLNA client. You can use that.

DLNA sharing is kinda fussy, make sure your router/firewall is not blocking it.

additional info: https://www.ebower.com/docs/ubuntu-dlna-player/

Last edited by impact; 2012-03-02 at 21:18.

The Following User Says Thank You to impact For This Useful Post:
I tested this DLNA yesterday with win7+VLC(2). Worked well with music and pictures but videos was not available. - That was only quick test, so maybe i had something wrong with my setups...

Will there be client also... someday?

"Gods have mercy. Cats don't..." <- Kaotik@iotech