Poll: Would you buy an N10 with the above spec?
Poll Options
Would you buy an N10 with the above spec?

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by tissot View Post
Btw i have noticed especially in My Nokia Blog people actually beliving Nokia will some day make another MeeGo/Maemo device in the high end.

Are people example here in here actually in the belive that there's even a change of MeeGo/Maemo device in the future?
I just wonder where the whole thought is coming. Meltemi is another story of course, but you can't call those devices N900/N9 successor.
It's not only Apple that has a reality distortion field.

My website

GitHub

Last edited by marxian; 2012-03-10 at 15:40.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
You forgot to add "nokia support"

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Brian_7 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 115 | Thanked: 116 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Helsinki
I'd buy pretty much any successor to N9 if it was running meego harmattan or something based on that. I'd even do it just to make a statement. I can't believe that Nokia is giving up on something that could've been miles ahead of the competition in favor of wp. Them silly gooses.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Soppa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
I hope to use my N900 (from 04/2011) and N9 (11/2011) until 2013-14, as in my opinion a top smartphone has a useful life of approx. to 3 years.

In 2014 we can expect some Canonical's planned Ubuntu in tablets and smartphones. Or Ubuntu for Android in 2012-13.

From Maemo/MeeGo Harmattan community point of view : it depends on us to continue releasing/updating softwares for Maemo & MeeGo Harmattan. For example for Nokia N9 it would be nice to have : Harmattan open mode for PR1.2, (Easy) Debian for PR1.2, Android 4.0 mutiboot, a complete text editor, VNC viewer, etc.
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post:
NO

My next device will be this one:
http://blog.gsmarena.com/rumored-goo...ndle-and-nook/

I'll keep my N9 until it has peeled itself to pieces. No more Nokia for me in a long time.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to specc For This Useful Post:
I think my next device will be Sony Xperia S ... that phone has awesome specs .

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dragoss91 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by Tarzan- View Post
I'd rather buy 10 LG $hitty phones than to win an iPhone in a lucky draw.

I'm loyal to Nokia, so no matter what OS, it has to be Nokia
This type of blind loyalty doesn't help progress nor does it help Nokia to see that they need to cater to customers, rather than the other way around as it appears they've understood.

Originally Posted by ibrakalifa View Post
yeah, if nokia still manage to use WP as their main OS and stoping maemo development then N9 will be my last nokia phone, if tizen never come android is better than the rest(no offense), maemo with proper support will rule!!
Originally Posted by Brian_7 View Post
You forgot to add "nokia support"
Originally Posted by Soppa View Post
I'd buy pretty much any successor to N9 if it was running meego harmattan or something based on that. I'd even do it just to make a statement. I can't believe that Nokia is giving up on something that could've been miles ahead of the competition in favor of wp. Them silly gooses.
THIS is what I believe to be the important dimension to the historic woes of Maemo/MeeGo and most things Nokia has touched. Nokia has made incredibly stupid decisions shortly after putting out some innovative products well ahead of everyone else and COULD have lead the pack in the current tablet/phone wars... if only they had provided openness and support to their customers and community, physical presence wherever their devices are sold and, most importantly, listened to their customers to give them what they wanted. They decided not to be competitive. It's showing, and all of their competitors are noticing and taking advantage of that opportunity. Nokia needs to go back to the winning strategies that got them where they were and that their competitors are now using to clobber Nokia down. The new CEO is an unfortunate clown. Entertaining, impotent and tragically, embarrassingly so. Until I can see a genuine attempt to reach out to the open-source community and to support customers properly (seriously--mailing your phone to get it fixed?? sometimes not even getting the same model back??), I cannot see myself purchasing any new devices from Nokia despite being "Linux based" or "open-source based."

You guys are the ones hitting the nail on the head to point out support and openness as the most important features in any brand of hardware. I'm currently using Androids to fill my needs, but (same as my opinion about Nokia before) I don't feel married to it if something better comes along. If Nokia were smarter, I would easily jump back in again--but I just can't see it with the way Nokia intends to run its coarse.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
I think 4.3" is too big for me, 4" is perfect. A15 proc would be nice.

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
My Nokia N9 is my last Nokia device. I am done with Nokia as a company. I will keep my N9 and use it as long as I can, when the time comes I will see what is on the market and replace it with that.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Arie For This Useful Post:
1.5/1.8 cpu smaller screen and built in keyboard (seperate is waste of time) and made by anyone other than Nokia

The Following User Says Thank You to lanser For This Useful Post:

Tags
buysomethinelse, free oss, goodbyenokia, idiot thread, idiotibrakalifa, schizophrenia, tizen doa, tizen lives, tizen schmizen, troll fest!