Active Topics

I've migrated to ext4 estel , and one thing about fat32 , if you check that for errors with gparted u-boot doesn't see the bootmenu
I don't think the kp fs questions are off-topic
CSSU-T latest version

Last edited by Alecsandru; 2014-01-02 at 22:57.

Pali, could you look at this?
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=1099
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Posts: 127 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Jamaica
After being out of commission for almost a year with a broken usb port and a dead battery, I finally got back a battery and started to update. after updating to kernel power v52 I have forgotten that I should change some setting file in order to get it to boot so now it seems that I have bricked my beloved n900.

Ough, that suxx, feeling sorry for you - but, what it is, a blog-like post, or a bug report? If the latter, then, well, it isn't very informative.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Originally Posted by mrwormp View Post
[SNIP] so now it seems that I have bricked my beloved n900.
Did you install kernel-power-flasher? If you haven't yet, and can still come up to u-boot, you can put a kernel on a SD card and load it by hand using the u-boot terminal.

reiser4 is not part of *any* mainline kernel. reiserfs (3) is already enabled and should automatically work with CSSU (like other FS)

Could someone please post default (without any mods) kernel config for kp-52+kernel-power-settings?

Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Originally Posted by FlashInTheNight86 View Post
Could someone please post default (without any mods) kernel config for kp-52+kernel-power-settings?
https://gitorious.org/community-ssu/...ettings/config

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post:
I am having performance issues when enabling SR. Both on stock clocks and when overclocked to 900MHz, video playback is jumpy.

At first I thought it is because I've mistakenly saved profile with SR-enabled voltages and then made it a default one, so I tried using default values and just enabling SR in config file, but same poor performance again. Tried both base frequency and overclocked to 900MHz.

However, my device runs well on ulv profile. Even non-overclocked it plays most videos fine, without any lag. Right now it is overclocked to 900MHz just to be sure.

What could be the problem?

Do I loose much battery life or maybe even something else running an overclocked N900 without SmartReflex?

Last edited by FlashInTheNight86; 2014-03-31 at 20:32.

Just for the record, please write quotes of config code that you've changed to enable SR (or better, zerobin links to whole config files) - to be sure, that we're talking about same thing and you haven't changed something else.

Then, as we haven't been debugging SR problems for ages, I think we need to wait for freemangordon to come and ask you for debug info

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:

Tags
kernel, kernel-power, kernel-power52